Replacing HDD with SSD

Sep 21, 2018
Hello!

So I was planning to change my Laptop's hdd to an ssd. What I did was: Remove the hdd then replace it with the ssd. My problem is that when Im trying to install windows os, Im getting a "no boot disk"...

(My plan was to do a fresh install of windows on the ssd. Copy of windows from usb...)

What can I do to fix this? Do I need to clone?
Also, do I need to change something in the bios? I only changed the boot order...

Thanks for the help.. im new to this :D

Solution
You can use two systems. In one case you keep all his files and in the other you make a clean installation:

a) You need a USB-Sata adapter. Place the HDD in its original place and connect the SSD to the USB-Sata adapter and to the computer. Clone the HDD. Replace the HDD with the SDD.

b) Download the windows installation tool to a USB. Change the bios to boot from the USB. Boot from the USB and install windows to the SSD.

gingerrankin

Great
Apr 3, 2018
You can use two systems. In one case you keep all his files and in the other you make a clean installation:

a) You need a USB-Sata adapter. Place the HDD in its original place and connect the SSD to the USB-Sata adapter and to the computer. Clone the HDD. Replace the HDD with the SDD.

b) Download the windows installation tool to a USB. Change the bios to boot from the USB. Boot from the USB and install windows to the SSD.

Solution