replacing laptop processor

Hitman Absolution

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
I have a HP Pavilion dvs notebook with an inbuilt AMD Turion x2 Mobile RM-70 processor. Can I upgrade my processor to AMD Phenom APU A10-5745M Quad-Core? If I can, how much is it going to cost?

Solution
One way to check if it is upgrade able is to see if the specs say that it is soldered or socketed. If it is soldered, then it means you can't upgrade it. If it is socketed then you can. Most laptops don't have upgrade able cpus as the laptop is small. Only high end laptops and some hps have this option.

dexter2

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
Processors on laptops are usually integrated into the motherboard, therefore cannot be swapped out and replaced. Unless you replaced the entire motherboard. But, upgrading laptops is a very difficult task, and I would only advise you do it if you are an expert at it or are confidently following a trustworthy online guide.

One way to check if it is upgrade able is to see if the specs say that it is soldered or socketed. If it is soldered, then it means you can't upgrade it. If it is socketed then you can. Most laptops don't have upgrade able cpus as the laptop is small. Only high end laptops and some hps have this option.

Solution