Report: Apple Considering Acquisition of Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They can go ahead, buy it and lock it down to iWorld, only people with iPants will then use it, let's see the massive growth for July from there.

G

Hell no! Leave Hulu alone! It's better without iShit branding.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Well, what will actually be played on Hulu if Apple buys them?

The are against sex and violence, which is about all the movies and TV shows now have in them, so they'll all be gone.

We'll get 50s, 60s, 70s sitcoms, and some kids shows. Oh, and Godzilla movies, if it passes Apple's violence meter. Probably hard core ones like Godzilla versus King Kong will get zapped (for good reason), but perhaps gentler ones like Son of Godzilla can still be shown. That's something, at least.

G

Oh Eff no... I will seriously throw up and cancel my hulu plus if they sell to Apple... WHY do they even need to sell out at all? I guess that's all companies care about. Build up a great service/product, let it grow and just when things are great, WHAM!! Burn all your bridges, take a crap on all of the people who supported you, and sell out to the highest bidder, grabbing all the money you can for you, and your effing 'stockholder'/investors D:

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I can already se the ad, "Apple now brings you all your favorite tv shows with iHulu"

*Millions of hipster subscribers in less than a week.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]andddfdfnd[/nom]Oh Eff no... I will seriously throw up and cancel my hulu plus if they sell to Apple... WHY do they even need to sell out at all? I guess that's all companies care about. Build up a great service/product, let it grow and just when things are great, WHAM!! Burn all your bridges, take a crap on all of the people who supported you, and sell out to the highest bidder, grabbing all the money you can for you, and your effing 'stockholder'/investors D:[/citation]

ok, how much are the movie companies charging netflix? i cant see tv companies being any less lenient on tv programing.

my guess is that the cost is going ot go up for the programs, and from that, hulu doesn't want to take the risk vs reward. only thing they had i wanted was dilbert anyway.

so apple, microsoft, sony, google, any of those could turn hulu from a good service to a must have marketing bs service, and of those 4, apple would probably have the most success, sadly. i dont like this, but apple may be the best for it.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Looks like I better finish watching Naruto Shippuden before this happens... otherwise it'll be 99 cents and episode. POS apple... I hope you die Jobs and rot in hell where they only use windows

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
At which point Apple will file a patent on 'sending moving pictures over long distances' and proceed to sue the entire television network.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Once Hulu is assimilated I can not only see it being integrated and exclusive for iTV and other iDevices; but also them charging $1 per episode watched. They'll make their money back in no time.

Goodbye Hulu, you were nice while you lasted.

G

Take it please! Comcast's xfinity tv service sneeks in a few hulu movies and the ads annoy the living hell out of me.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]Looks like I better finish watching Naruto Shippuden before this happens... otherwise it'll be 99 cents and episode. POS apple... I hope you die Jobs and rot in hell where they only use windows[/citation]
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]ok, how much are the movie companies charging netflix? i cant see tv companies being any less lenient on tv programing. my guess is that the cost is going ot go up for the programs, and from that, hulu doesn't want to take the risk vs reward. only thing they had i wanted was dilbert anyway. so apple, microsoft, sony, google, any of those could turn hulu from a good service to a must have marketing bs service, and of those 4, apple would probably have the most success, sadly. i dont like this, but apple may be the best for it.[/citation]

I agree. Hulu on its own is failing to make any money. Apple or another tech behemoth would be able to keep it alive and make money from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.