Report: Apple is Working on an Actual HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicodemus_mm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Awesome! That's just what I needed... a TV where the manufacturer pre-sets the brightness, contrast, volume, etc. It will be revolutionary for an Apple product if you get to choose the channel you watch or decide where in the room you place it. If something should not work on it? Well... you're watching it wrong.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Will it be HDMI compatible? Displayport? 1080p? 3D? 240 Hz? Maybe we will get Apple to push for 1600p? Retina-quality display?[/citation]
Retina display for 720p local station broadcast ? that if you even have station airing 720p , and don`t tell me Bluray since most of the time spent at TV is actually watching TV stations not playing disks ... at least i`m watching mostly National Geographic and Discovery for other things the TV is quite useless for me.

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Samsung as well as all other HDTV makers should sue the hell out of Apple for HDTV that looks like a giant rectangle.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]Samsung as well as all other HDTV makers should sue the hell out of Apple for HDTV that looks like a giant rectangle.[/citation]
maybe they`ll bring back the 4:3 look and call it revolutionary!!!!

G

how dare you direct sarcasm at anything apple do or might be doing, dont you know apple is a fruit err i mean the be all and end all of all things related to technology

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I'm an Apple Hater, but honestly that sounds awesome. I was never really impressed by Jobs until he pulled off the tablet (the only Apple product which I have ever owned was a IIE). I know Jobs did not invent the tablet, but he did make it user friendly to the extent that people actually wanted one (something the competition never did). This new Apple TV strikes me as a huge leap forward. I suspect the technology will transform every device in our home.

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Wow, look at all these Apple haters. Can't say I'm surprised. I'm not an Apple fanboy, but I do think they make quality products, and they nail the look of them too. Are they overpriced? Imo, a little, but you pay for the name I guess.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]Wow, look at all these Apple haters. Can't say I'm surprised. I'm not an Apple fanboy, but I do think they make quality products, and they nail the look of them too. Are they overpriced? Imo, a little, but you pay for the name I guess.[/citation]
Actually i think there wouldn`t have been so many haters if Apple itself wouldn`t have been such an arogant company lead by such an arogant prick (his bio book made this clear about him). Yes they make quality products and change the looks of things but do you have to be so arrogant about it and sue the shit out of everybody who tries to come up with something similar ? Sorry but evolution needs way more than only 1 company to build things even though at a certain time they invented something. Imagine now all the TV companies sueing Apple for copying a box with a screen that can show TV stations ?

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Apple is suing all other touchscreen tablet developers?[/citation]
...Just the ones with the deepest pockets. ;)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Apple is suing all other touchscreen tablet developers?[/citation]
No Apple only sues the ones that can compete against them.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]No Apple only sues the ones that can compete against them.[/citation]So what your saying is, they aren't suing anyone. Right?

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]nicodemus_mm[/nom]Awesome! That's just what I needed... a TV where the manufacturer pre-sets the brightness, contrast, volume, etc. It will be revolutionary for an Apple product if you get to choose the channel you watch or decide where in the room you place it. If something should not work on it? Well... you're watching it wrong.[/citation]

Exactly!! You read my mind..

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]Wow, look at all these Apple haters. Can't say I'm surprised. I'm not an Apple fanboy, but I do think they make quality products, and they nail the look of them too. Are they overpriced? Imo, a little, but you pay for the name I guess.[/citation]

It's not that they aren't quality products..... Oh, wait, they aren't. My iphone 4 died after 1 year of normal use..
Itunes is horrible, and everything is proprietary, and overpriced... Can't even change a battery if it dies.... And whats with everything looking the same? It's bad enough driving into a rich town where every car is black white, or silver, does everything apple have to be colorless and look exactly the same?

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]So what your saying is, they aren't suing anyone. Right?[/citation]For me Samsung Galaxy S II > iPhone, and Galaxy tab > iPad ... oh wait Apple already sues Samsung for that ... but the funny part about it is that if you take and open the fukin iphone/ipad you`ll find out that is actually Samsung who built some of it, after this they went to TSMC for their insides.

Status
Not open for further replies.