Report: Apple Revealing Two iPad 3 Tablets in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitey_rolls

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Seriously contemplating buying an Ipad 3. I've been looking to get a tablet for a while and was dead set against Apple (Have previously been against buying their products, believe they are over priced and too controlling over content). At this point though with the lack of apps for android and third party hardware support it's pretty frustrating and I might give in to the Apple machine.

We'll see about pricing.

G

whitey_rolls 12/30/2011 12:47 PM
Hide
-0+

Seriously contemplating buying an Ipad 3. I've been looking to get a tablet for a while and was dead set against Apple (Have previously been against buying their products, believe they are over priced and too controlling over content). At this point though with the lack of apps for android and third party hardware support it's pretty frustrating and I might give in to the Apple machine.

We'll see about pricing.

You are a clear Apple troll!

1) android has all the apps you need. What you said is just a false iSheep talking point.
2) Asus Transformer Prime is currently the best. Twice the Ipad2 at a lower cost and not locked in like the ipad.
3) you are clearly a paid poster for apple. get lost buddy and go choke on your overpriced piece of crap.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
We heard pretty much the same thing with the iPhone5 a while ago, and look how that turned out.

Having three models in its lineup just doesn't make sense for Apple. For one, the price difference between the top tier and the bottom tier isn't that big at all. With a laptop Apple can justify its selections. Tablets, not so much.

G

Apple Revealing Two iPad 3 Tablets in January?
$499 without any usb input/output.
$699 without any usb input/output either too?
maybe some new feature like siri steve jobs's voice edition?

whitey_rolls

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
[citation][nom]downwithappletrolls[/nom]whitey_rolls 12/30/2011 12:47 PMHide-0+Seriously contemplating buying an Ipad 3. I've been looking to get a tablet for a while and was dead set against Apple (Have previously been against buying their products, believe they are over priced and too controlling over content). At this point though with the lack of apps for android and third party hardware support it's pretty frustrating and I might give in to the Apple machine.We'll see about pricing.You are a clear Apple troll! 1) android has all the apps you need. What you said is just a false iSheep talking point.2) Asus Transformer Prime is currently the best. Twice the Ipad2 at a lower cost and not locked in like the ipad.3) you are clearly a paid poster for apple. get lost buddy and go choke on your overpriced piece of crap.[/citation]

Lol

This post made me laugh. I really shouldn't have to defend myself but I currently have an HTC Legend phone, an HP laptop and a custom built desktop. I've never ever purchased an apple product.

The Asus Transformer Prime is actually kind of disappointing when you look at benchmarks considering it's a quad core in a lot of tests it doesn't perform that much better than the current dual cores. I'll still never buy a mac computer, way over priced for the hardware.... but when you try to buy headphones (with a mic and the call options etc.) and it's all "apple", "apple", "apple" and I can't find any android products (as an example) it eventually takes its toll.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
1) android has all the apps you need. What you said is just a false iSheep talking point.

OK - I'll admit I'm not the biggest Apple fan here, but I am getting *REALLY* tired of the phrase iSheep - the people who are using this phrase are getting to be just as bad as the Apple trolls they claim to hate.

malicemizer

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Lol people get so pissed off if anyone likes apple. It's really getting out of hand. Apple and android are both good. I prefer apple but I shouldn't have to be called stupid or dumb or a sheep because I like a company. Grow up people.

G

Apple pulled out of MacWorld last year. They will not attend this year either. Basic knowledge for an Apple ananlyst. Man, can't beleive people are paid to make up these rumours. Can't beleive someone is actually reprinting this...

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It's kind of strange that Apple is getting so much from Samsung.

I understand coopetition, but there seems to be so much acrimony between those two, I would have thought it unlikely.

Then again, Apple would probably make a deal with the devil (the original Apple was priced at $666. No lie) if it made profits. Or use their entire bankroll to stop Android.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]We heard pretty much the same thing with the iPhone5 a while ago, and look how that turned out.Having three models in its lineup just doesn't make sense for Apple. For one, the price difference between the top tier and the bottom tier isn't that big at all. With a laptop Apple can justify its selections. Tablets, not so much.[/citation]

We don't know the pricing yet. If the iPad 2 goes for $299, the pricing model will work. I think they need to lower the price of entry. I also think it's better to lower the price of good, if dated, technology, then to come out with something more modern, but with compromised quality, and missing features people want (like the Kindle Fire does, in some cases).

G

whitey_rolls 12/30/2011 1:12 AM
Hide
-0+

downwithappletrolls :
whitey_rolls 12/30/2011 12:47 PMHide-0+Seriously contemplating buying an Ipad 3. I've been looking to get a tablet for a while and was dead set against Apple (Have previously been against buying their products, believe they are over priced and too controlling over content). At this point though with the lack of apps for android and third party hardware support it's pretty frustrating and I might give in to the Apple machine.We'll see about pricing.You are a clear Apple troll! 1) android has all the apps you need. What you said is just a false iSheep talking point.2) Asus Transformer Prime is currently the best. Twice the Ipad2 at a lower cost and not locked in like the ipad.3) you are clearly a paid poster for apple. get lost buddy and go choke on your overpriced piece of crap.

Lol

This post made me laugh. I really shouldn't have to defend myself but I currently have an HTC Legend phone, an HP laptop and a custom built desktop. I've never ever purchased an apple product.

The Asus Transformer Prime is actually kind of disappointing when you look at benchmarks considering it's a quad core in a lot of tests it doesn't perform that much better than the current dual cores. I'll still never buy a mac computer, way over priced for the hardware.... but when you try to buy headphones (with a mic and the call options etc.) and it's all "apple", "apple", "apple" and I can't find any android products (as an example) it eventually takes its toll.

THE BENCHMARK TESTS THAT WERE USED ARE APPLE FRIENDLY AND DO NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE QUAD CORE.

REAL LIFE BENCHMARK TESTS IS SPEED AND POWER SHOW 2 TO 3 TIMES THE POWER. REASEARCH INSTEAD OF BEING AN ISHEEP

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]OK - I'll admit I'm not the biggest Apple fan here, but I am getting *REALLY* tired of the phrase iSheep - the people who are using this phrase are getting to be just as bad as the Apple trolls they claim to hate.[/citation]
If the hat fits then these iSheep should be called out on it.
The crap about not enough apps is totally bogus. I have the Iconia A500 (dual 1Ghz) and its a far better tablet in most respects than the apple alternative that costs a minimum of twice the price but lacks such simple and obvious things such as HDMI out, USB & micro USB conectivity and a way to charge it with an AC adaptor (without filling up the only expansion port the iPad has).
Only iSheep go on about the apps, having 2 billion shitty apps and having to pay for 53% of them (compared to 40-odd% from the android marketplace) means nothing if 1/2 of them are just inferior ripoffs of the other 1/4 and the remainder are fart apps.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I am with someone else, why does the camera make the difference in price?

And if it does make so much of a difference, why not a model with no camera that's a lower price. I don't have a tablet, yet, but I do have a Kindle E-book reader. That being close to the same size, I can't see using a device of that size to take pictures with. Most cell phones have at least a 5MP camera, my Droid Bionic has an 8. I woule much rather have a tablet with no camera and a lower price and use my phone to take snapshots with.

keakuamai

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Good grief. It's a tablet, it's not a life threatening device and negative responses here seem to be out of balance. Here's how I see it, those espousing one product over the other and wanting to RAM benchmarks down anyone's throats as being real life, well, you really need to get a life.

Some folks have their own opinion and they're not advocating that everyone follow their lead, simply stating what they've observed and or discovered in their research

nothing more nothing less, I don't see why that's such a problem

Again, it's a personal device, not a nuclear threat!

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]If the hat fits then these iSheep should be called out on it.The crap about not enough apps is totally bogus. I have the Iconia A500 (dual 1Ghz) and its a far better tablet in most respects than the apple alternative that costs a minimum of twice the price but lacks such simple and obvious things such as HDMI out, USB & micro USB conectivity and a way to charge it with an AC adaptor (without filling up the only expansion port the iPad has).Only iSheep go on about the apps, having 2 billion shitty apps and having to pay for 53% of them (compared to 40-odd% from the android marketplace) means nothing if 1/2 of them are just inferior ripoffs of the other 1/4 and the remainder are fart apps.[/citation]

Your comment also further proves g-unit1111's comment even further when he mentions "the people who are using this phrase are getting to be just as bad as the Apple trolls they claim to hate." All extreme fans suck, even you. I like android and all but I don't hate everything else because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.