Report Compares Top Issues With Kindle Fire and iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
"Plagued with problems" seems a bit harsh. Wifi seems normal on mine... I'm surprised that this didn't cite the power button problem. I hit that accidentally all the time.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Kindle "enable the Use PIN option"...
Clearly should be set to 'ON' by factory default.
Of course Amazon has a vested interest in one click shopping...

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
"Plagued with problems"...this seems like an inappropriate description coming from a site where people (1) vent about product frustrations and (2) seek help with perceived problems. Pair some numbers with total purchased and you get a slightly better indication of people's satisfaction with their purchased products, albeit from the certainly slanted view of only one place which people can go for support.

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Wait wait wait.... the biggest kindle fire complaint is something that can be fixed by changing your settings!? While the biggest IPAD complaint requires resetting of one of three things.... every single time you have a problem with wifi..

Come on...

G

Personally I have a kindle fire and an Ipad. Not one in particular has anymore problems than the other. Just like everything else it is usually personal preference. Instinctively, humans are never going to be completely unbiased in anything, so I am willing to bet my life that the writer of this article prefers Ipad over kindle fire. I like them both equally and don't honestly use one over the other. They both surf the web, kindle lets me view PDFs and Ipad doesn't and I can read books on the fire, which i could on the Ipad as well, but enjoy the more compact fire for that. They both allow me to take notes. My fire came with office on the go already installed, while Ipad had it as an app for purchase. So I really use them both for different things.

G

Haven't tried the Apps fix you suggest, but turning off one-click for other digital content is impossible. Found this out the hard way after my 5-yr-old made some movie purchases. More generally, it's just too easy to make mistaken purchases when no password is required at the point of purchase. Geez. You even have to have a credit card on file to download the "free" stuff.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Kindle "enable the Use PIN option"...Clearly should be set to 'ON' by factory default.Of course Amazon has a vested interest in one click shopping...[/citation]

How this has gotten me 'thumbs down' is beyond the grasp of my imagination...

Status
Not open for further replies.