Report Concludes Internet Privacy Tools Are Confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
the hell? mozilla and adblock are quite easy to understand and configure.
ie otoh is really confusing. it is even more confusing with the advanced settings.
and most cyber criminal relentlessly attack ie.
browser should just publish softwares that have privacy settings cranked up all the way to the highest settings out of the box.(which they never will because it will cost them (ad, sponsor, data harvesting) money.)

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
oh oh, I hear nanny state....

Anyways, FF+adblock+noscript=win.

I haven't had a browser attack in quite sometime now, and have even trashed my AV and OS firewall in favor of my router hardware based firewall last week.

G

anything involving security is confusing, because it is not simply just the technology, it's a discipline

G

How about educate users. Not everything out there in IT land can "just work". Car owners know to change oil rotate tires and all that preventative maintenence, and if they can't do it themselves they pay for the service to be done. Same thing in IT either learn or pay a professional to harden your system for you.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I could've told you without all the research. Obviously people are going to have issues understanding security; they still have issues understanding how computers even work.

Status
Not open for further replies.