Report: Facebook Filing $5B IPO on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"Only" $5 billion huh? People need to stop looking at everything in relative terms and get back to earth.
$5,000,000,000 is an insane amount of money in any respect, especially for a site that doesn't offer anything truly useful to the world.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
You'd have to be stupid to buy into that bubble. They make very little money and the whole social media thing has grown very very tired. Most of my friends rarely go there anymore and I only visit a few times a year now. I've seen what my old high school friends are doing and no longer care. They've never made a penny off of me, I've never clicked on an AD, I really don't see where there money is coming from.... just stupid advertisers that think people are looking at their ADs and fall into the Facebook scam. Strange that anyone would invest in this bubble.

G

over price is unhealthy over estimate is how I see FACEBOOK now. I hope I m wrong.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]You'd have to be stupid to buy into that bubble. They make very little money and the whole social media thing has grown very very tired. Most of my friends rarely go there anymore and I only visit a few times a year now. I've seen what my old high school friends are doing and no longer care. They've never made a penny off of me, I've never clicked on an AD, I really don't see where there money is coming from.... just stupid advertisers that think people are looking at their ADs and fall into the Facebook scam. Strange that anyone would invest in this bubble.[/citation]
yes, by looking at the media history, I predict it'll go the way of myspace

G

Yeah pretty sure that's not how their revenue stream works... think it goes more a long the lines of they take all that free personal information and all the crap you "like" and sell that to marketing companies that stockpile it and have a better idea of who you are than any federal entity ever would.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
damn, if i knew this is what they were going to do, i would have gotten money ready, dammit, i miss read things too... 10k tied up in useless stocks when this could explode.

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
For all you non-stock traders, ridiculous websites like Groupon, which is essentially a website connected to servers surrounded by white collar people, are worth 20 dollars a share YET companies that mine/produce/sell thousands of ounces of REAL hard earned gold are worth less than a dollar. RIM is worth less than Groupon -- that is insanely stupid.

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
[citation][nom]Drrtyfgt[/nom]"Only" $5 billion huh? People need to stop looking at everything in relative terms and get back to earth. $5,000,000,000 is an insane amount of money in any respect, especially for a site that doesn't offer anything truly useful to the world.[/citation]

Agreed.

It's actually 20 times worse than you think, LOL. They actually valued it at $100B. The $5B is not for the whole thing, it's just for 5% of it.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Toms copy and pasted this from another article with the same "sock" spelling mistake... You'd think they'd have read the comments on the other article. There were far too many sock jokes to not realize the mistake.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
FB might be a good stock to pick up immediately (depending on price) and dump a couple of months down the road. I wouldn't stick in for the long haul though as I think that they are just a stepping stone to the next 'big thing'.

Status
Not open for further replies.