Report: Facebook to Get 15-second Commercials in News Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Executives claim that Facebook is actually highlighting the mobile aspect

Uh-huh. Yes, yes that is good for my mobile data allowance. Well, it would be if I cared to use Facebook. Social networks can eat my sh... poop biscuits.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
"Hey we have billions already, lets add "ads" to make more!"

Capitalism really shows how greedy a human being can get.

Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
http://adblockplus.org/en/

Seriously, it's $#!+ like this that makes me not feel bad about using it. You know what happened when AOL started doing audio ads on its AIM client (many years ago, now)? Everyone learned how to edit their hosts file.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I use FB to keep up with friends, but if they force me to watch ads, I will find another means. Advertisers can just slurp up my septic tank.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]"Hey we have billions already, lets add "ads" to make more!"Capitalism really shows how greedy a human being can get.[/citation]

people never realize that he was from a very wealthy family before he did this and like you said still continue the path ....

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]"Hey we have billions already, lets add "ads" to make more!"Capitalism really shows how greedy a human being can get.[/citation]

Tell that to all the people who rushed to buy stocks in the IPO.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
This will make me stop using Facebook. There are already enough ads in my life. And you would think that FB could be more creative in ways to generate revenue...

...ANYTHING but more ads. Hell, charge $1/year for membership or something! I'd pay that, and I'm sure a lot of others would if it really came down to it. I don't know, ads just seem like such a copout when you're offering a service such as the one FB does.

Status
Not open for further replies.