Report: FBI Raids 3 Toyota Plants in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

symetrixpc

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Wish I had the money right now to get a toyota. I'm honestly not that worried about the recall issues and I could use it as leverage to get it cheap. oh well.

G

It's a car manufacturing facility; what the hell would they raid it for? Drugs and prostitutes? I hardly think that's the case!

G

Why isn't anyone reporting on the conflict of interest here. The "owner" of Toyota's largest competitor has the authority to go on this witch hunt and I think it is fair to question their motives. Is the federal Government going after Toyota to boost GM sales?

Socialdisorder

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Man, that sucks. I don't remember Firestone ever getting this much attention, and their faulty tires actually killed more than 2 people.

traesta

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Wait until the FT-86 is released !!!! Toyota will make a killing on it, and any lost revenue will be hindsight. Plus I'm

traesta

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]coderdunn[/nom]Poor Toyota, no one will give them a break.[/citation]
Wait until the FT-86 is available in 2012, any losses due to Toyota's current problems will be diminished by their profits. I cant wait, plus I'm excited to see what other manufacturers have in mind to compete with the 86.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
They prolly looking for documents saying something like "yeah, we know they're faulty, so?" and claim with big red letters: "THEY KNEW, BUT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING" and get more GM sales.

Cheers!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Ya, this is going a bit far. Theres been plenty of other recalls from car manufacters for just as bad if not worse problems then this. Didn't hear about any raids then.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Just to add a bit more. I'd rather have my accelator stick *mm neutral+turn off engine=win*,* brakes sluggish .. Then have my tire tread fly off while driving down the road. Just saying...

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Just to add a bit more. I'd rather have my accelator stick *mm neutral+turn off engine=win*,* brakes sluggish .. Then have my tire tread fly off while driving down the road. Just saying...[/citation]

+1 on that

mcg75

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Toyota is getting exactly what they deserve. Anybody who thinks the US government is doing this because of GM is a moron. Toyota put profit ahead of people's lives. They admitted that in front of congress. I just don't see how anyone with an ounce of common sense has anything other than contempt for Toyota at this point. Make no mistake, they are in the game for your money by any means possible.

G

mcg75: After watching American corporations do it for years, they probably thought it was OK.

I'm betting that this is punishment for making better cars than the "big 3", and creating more American jobs(Toyota 90% American parts, Ford & GM 50% American), rather than outsourcing assembly lines to Mexico like the American car makers.

Also, this recall coverage in the media is ridiculous compared to what Ford and GM get for their shenanigans, Toyota still has superior quality and safety. My next car will be a Toyota.

Toyota & Honda = FTW

"big3" = epic fail

mcg75

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Hey Lineworker, I actually drive a Honda.

But I'm not dumb enough to think that a company built for profit will always have my best interest at heart.

Blame domestic companies all you want, the fact is Toyota has been like them all along. They were just better at hiding it till now.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
This is beginning to seem like a ploy to destroy Toyota's image to bolster sales of the big 3.

I think people in Kentucky aren't too pleased about all this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.