Report: Full Copies of Starcraft 2 in the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]nsmetana[/nom]Speaking Czech you say? That's why those 10 Russian spies were in the US!!![/citation]
Good one!

G

If pirates found a way to release it, I honestly wouldn't be surprised...it isn't the first time they've done it.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Boycott Blizzard - they really pissed my off with this no lan junk. and now this activation requirements. I really hate to say it, but thank you for crackers...

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
gosh i honestly freaking hate it to see the so called "hackers" or "pirates" giving the god of PC gaming developer a reason to quit developing for PC...

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
"will pirates find a way around this limitation, and make copies available for download through torrent sites?"

Answer: Yes. Expect "Skidrow" to be in the headlines over the weekend, again lol.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]gosh i honestly freaking hate it to see the so called "hackers" or "pirates" giving the god of PC gaming developer a reason to quit developing for PC...[/citation]

Your "god" has abandoned what separates PC from the consoles with this release.. I do not like piracy but I would say that i dislike undeserving titles more. Losing LAN play is a killer. Perhaps some of these "hackers" can fix the game to support LAN play.

crus_russ

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
[citation][nom]hok[/nom]Boycott Blizzard - they really pissed my off with this no lan junk. and now this activation requirements. I really hate to say it, but thank you for crackers...[/citation]

What are you on dude? You don't need LAN support when you can host private games on b-net. You can still have a LAN party with your friends in the same room, you simply host the game centrally on b-net rather than one of your PCs. Unless you live in Alaska or Nigeria you should have a decent enough net connection to run an *R T S* for gods sake. I used to play COH with randoms from Russia and I am in Australia and hardly ever had lag. 4 dudes in the same room connected to a USA b-net server is going to be SWEET.

Online activation during install a problem? Your OS requires online activation, get with the program. Its common. It takes 1 click. If your net connection cant handle that then you have bigger issues.

What are you on dial up or something? Whinging for whinging sake?

G

@crus_russ

You sir are an idiot...

Im a Marine, and would like to have LAN support due to the fact I dont have an internet connection when im deployed.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]Your "god" has abandoned what separates PC from the consoles with this release.. I do not like piracy but I would say that i dislike undeserving titles more. Losing LAN play is a killer. Perhaps some of these "hackers" can fix the game to support LAN play.[/citation]

It is not my god... In regard to LAN, yes it is bad but on the other hand, they are giving the game free to people with active account... isnt that a loyalty gesture enough?

Further, any constructive complaint about LAN should be sent to them constructively rather than simply pirate the game as a revenge.

MW2 was a different case, their gesture was just offensive toward PC community.

G

Well the pirates have already made the beta workable to the public for months now, so of course a installation delay would be no problem for them to fix.

fenixkane

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
They wont be a true PC god until they support Linux as well (admirable effort always appealing to Macs though (just go one step further!)) (wine doesn't count, annoying as hell to get any game running with it). Also the lack of Lan really is annoying (regular internet outages in my area, play with my roommates most of the time anyway).

G

Teen retards... their parents pays them Internet and they think everywhere in the world you can have easily? I am the host of several reputable Lan partys in my area and trust me, it's a big problem to have a stable/fast internet to a specific place to accomodate 30+ people.

Even better, when guys in the army, while deployed, wants to pley, they are FU. Games that constently need the Net only to play is stupid. I know for one, won't buy it, and I'm not a sheep follower.

Also, a lot of free Wifi hot spots accross the world are heavily throtled/blocked so you most of the time, won't be able to play while on the go with a laptop.

Shame on Activ..*Clears throat*..Bnet­.

crus_russ

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
The argument about deployed soliders is a very cherry picked example. They probably make up less than 0.0001% of gamers.

In terms of not being able to support 30 people on your internet connection. I work in an office with 30 people and we share a business plan ADSL2+ and it runs flawlessly. Games dont require much bandwidth, just low latency for low lag.

G

wiping out zergs rather then insurgents....

now i see where we going wrong in Iraq and Afghanistan

usmc_cpl

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
@crus_russ
"The argument about deployed soliders is a very cherry picked example."

Screw you, that example IS my fellow service members and I. Almost all Jr service members play games in their off time, that is not a small market.

Status
Not open for further replies.