Report: iPhone 4 and 5 Coming to Sprint in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgaimur

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
No, nobody that is properly informed will be looking forward to the overpriced and fad-related technology that comes from Apple.

I'm sure there are millions of teenage girls that can't wait, though.

kj3639

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
As a long time Sprint customer, I'll be sticking with the high-end Android devices. The closed source, restrictive nature of iOS just kills it for me. Alas, this is a good thing for Sprint, as those teenage girls need something I guess...

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
First comments a troll/droidfag. Toms really needs to do something about these people.

You mean, people that are always looking for best value for money, fastest hardware and who despise companies that sell product that doesn't satisfy these requirements?

Dude, you're in the wrong place. That's what Tom's is all about.

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
I have a hunch that apple opening upto so many networks may have something to do with the statements by Samsung i.e that samsung want to be the number one in smart phone sales.

If there is EVER a useless app for the iphone it is the iDICK. Seems that apple want to cut out us guys altogether. lol

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
Droid - Open platform, allows tech junkies to bury their heads in their phones and customize/control every part of their computing device. Gives normal users headaches dealing with initial bloatware, inconsistent performance across hardware platforms and non-conformity and disunity. Software isn't slick and intuitive unless you're willing to spend more time than you want with a phone.

Apple - Closed platform. Eliminates all the fun for tech junkies and rides the line of control which every IT person hates. Restricts without warrant many features and possibilities, further locking down a perfect good computing device. However, by developing the software side by side with the hardware, it allows them to provide a much better user experience for those who see their phone as just a tool to get the job done. Hardware specs matter none to those people. The end result is the only thing that matters. They want to get from point A to point B in x seconds and they want it to be easy. They don't care if the tool is 500 horsepower or 200 horsepower, it's just a means to and end.

One type is 15% of the market and the other is 85% of the market. This is why Apple is so successful and this is why Google is following in Apple's footsteps by acquiring Motorola Mobility and attempting to develop the hardware and software side by side to remove those inconsistencies.

Personally, I don't care if my camera on my phone is 8MP or 5MP. I just want it to look great. If an 8MP camera looks like crap and a 5MP is sharp and crisp, i'm picking the 5. End result is all the matters

G

I don't know from tomsguide, but I cancelled Sprint's service and bought an iPhone in June. I only wish I had waited for this new one and saved 150 bucks!

G

I have had sprint for about 9 years. I am actually about to switchto AT&T so i can get the iphone.I like sprint but their phones have always been a downgrade from other companies for the last 5 years. I have the blackberry bold and it does the job for me for what i do, but is not fun. I will definitely be switching to AT&T unless Sprint does come out with the Iphone when AT&T does

G

if Sprint keeps their unlimited data plan, there is no doubt that people will flock, to sprints iphone and or bring their old verison iphone with them. if they can managed unlimited data they will be golden.

watts1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Oh dear Apple vs Droid... for gods sake grow up its a mobile ffs. I like my iPhone4 but big woopedy doo its no big deal. Your Android b*lls are no bigger than my b*lls except you feel the need to put mine down which is real grown up of you...
But i do love the app store...

G

I canttttt waitttt for the Iphone and I am a Sprint user!!!!!!

I just hope my unlimited plan is still intact!!

G

Whatever, I have a palm pre and it sucks! I cannot wait for Sprint to get the iPhone.

G

> Apple - Closed platform

Closed? There are thousands of people writing 500,000 custom apps. Everything that you can imagine. Appole gives you (for free) all the tools you need to do it. There are thousands of non-Apple iPhone hardware accessories... you can buy them in every corner of the world. Hackers can do 1000s of other types of modifications.

This is "closed"????

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
[citation][nom]Cirdecus[/nom]Droid - Open platform, allows tech junkies to bury their heads in their phones and customize/control every part of their computing device. Gives normal users headaches dealing with initial bloatware, inconsistent performance across hardware platforms and non-conformity and disunity. Software isn't slick and intuitive unless you're willing to spend more time than you want with a phone.Apple - Closed platform. Eliminates all the fun for tech junkies and rides the line of control which every IT person hates. Restricts without warrant many features and possibilities, further locking down a perfect good computing device. However, by developing the software side by side with the hardware, it allows them to provide a much better user experience for those who see their phone as just a tool to get the job done. Hardware specs matter none to those people. The end result is the only thing that matters. They want to get from point A to point B in x seconds and they want it to be easy. They don't care if the tool is 500 horsepower or 200 horsepower, it's just a means to and end.One type is 15% of the market and the other is 85% of the market. This is why Apple is so successful and this is why Google is following in Apple's footsteps by acquiring Motorola Mobility and attempting to develop the hardware and software side by side to remove those inconsistencies. Personally, I don't care if my camera on my phone is 8MP or 5MP. I just want it to look great. If an 8MP camera looks like crap and a 5MP is sharp and crisp, i'm picking the 5. End result is all the matters[/citation]

I understand your statements but from owning the iphone 3GS and the iphone4 the statements above give a very one sided view. It is like the OLD argument between mac's and PC's. "Macs never crash like pc's do..."!!!!!!!!! WHAT
these are totally retarded arguments as iOS and its apps are quirky and force close just as much as any other phone OS and programs, PERIOD!!!!!

This is also the reason why apple are borrowing ideas from Android for iOS5 i beleive?? Why because they are usefull and very intuative!!

People just seem soooooo blinkered with things these days. So what you are really saying is that Apple sell to the masses of morons that are like zombies and therefore most apple product users are retarded lol. Nice one ;op

flclkun

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]First comments a troll/droidfag. Toms really needs to do something about these people.[/citation]
go back to engadget macfag

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]bgaimur[/nom]No, nobody that is properly informed will be looking forward to the overpriced and fad-related technology that comes from Apple. I'm sure there are millions of teenage girls that can't wait, though.[/citation]
Yeah, I'm sure "retina" displays are a fad... so retarded to have great definition! I bet that the same thing that happened to laptops will happen to phones too, displays of the future will suck.
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Can kiss Unlimited Data good-bye on Sprint when they get the iPhone. Tried the Droid 3 for a month boy was that a mistake. The amount of uninstallable bloatware was just ridiculous. Battery life?....yeah ok. Everyone touts Gorilla Glass...sure it's nice it also made the thing weight like half a pound. I went running and screaming back to RIM.[/citation]
RIM? Seriously, of all available options, you had to chose the one that's the most lagging behind both in technology and reliability?

I don't care for Apple, but the iPhone was actually their ONE good product. The only actual REAL BREAKTHROUGH of the company (not OSX, not the Mac... not the iPod... just the iPhone) it literally changed how mobile information works. RIM got it out of the closet but the parade was Apple's doing. (Gay pride reference) MS? they were too busy trying to make a PC out of a phone to make a phone that worked right.

G

Closed? There are thousands of people writing 500,000 custom apps. Everything that you can imagine. Appole gives you (for free) all the tools you need to do it. There are thousands of non-Apple iPhone hardware accessories... you can buy them in every corner of the world. Hackers can do 1000s of other types of modifications.

I guess u have never heard of open-source...

Apple is on the verge of releasing iphone-5, droid based devices are just reaching their second versions, experience does matter...

From my opinion, iPhone is for my Sister, me Im a droid guy..

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]You mean, people that are always looking for best value for money, fastest hardware and who despise companies that sell product that doesn't satisfy these requirements?Dude, you're in the wrong place. That's what Tom's is all about.[/citation]

....No. Tom's is all about hardware. The good, the bad, the ugly(PC's ;P). It's about value, speed, function, form, heat, application, experience, upscaling, aesthetics, revision, feedback, etc. It's about technology pal. There is always something to gain from every angle of technology.. even the lowest end. Google, Apple, Microsoft, RIM, etc. EVERYONE has something to offer.. Whether or not the copied someone, or not, isn't the question here. Let the companies deal with the politics, bickering, and lawsuits. Just bring me the technology in all it's flavors, and let ME(and ME alone) decide what I want to use for what I'm wanting to do(in which I will carefully, and of my own free will decide what is the most/least important to me) and not have to deal with some pompous kiddie, or ego-manicial idiot coming around telling me I'm doing things wrong. Maybe you, are in the wrong place.

[citation][nom]Efti[/nom]I guess u have never heard of open-source...Apple is on the verge of releasing iphone-5, droid based devices are just reaching their second versions, experience does matter...From my opinion, iPhone is for my Sister, me Im a droid guy..[/citation]

Droid is hardly open source... But if your a droid guy grats. If your an iOS guy, grats. If your a TTY guy, grats. Doesn't matter to me.. I'm just glad you see experience is important. That's one of the main reasons I've got an iP4 :D

Experience > Hardware is now I see things. If everything else is equal... Some hardware is good for nothing else but the epeen. And some guys need that ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.