Report: iPhone 5 to Get November 21 UK Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
It's already been beaten to market by the SGS2 and the HTC Sensation which are both superior. Honestly, there are only 2 reasons to buy an iPhone in the current market:

1. You're already heavily bought into the Apple ecosystem and that's fair enough.

2. You want the name, and the name only.

G

[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Pwned by Galaxy S II already. Useless. Fail, as always. Will bring a lot of profit from iSheep, though. Nice move.[/citation]

To be fair, the nature of your comment would suggest that even if the iPhone 5 was scientifically proven to be the best thing since sliced bread, you'd still hate it. Ergo, you are a troll.

For the love of God, just choose a phone you like, use it, and stop hating on others for liking something different to you. There are plenty of intelligent iPhone users out there (myself included) who buy them for the practicality, usability and no-nonsense ecosystem. and couldn't care less whose logo is etched onto the back.

ImagineTek

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
Oh yeah sure, some spotty oik in a backwater store of P4U is in the loop as to what Apple is bringing out next. How could anyone question that?

I personally think if there's a delay until the autumn, it's because they want something cutting edge that's not going to be ready to implement by the summer.

Not that I really care, talk of quad cores in the phone arena by the end of the year is ridiculous in my eyes, it may be true but...why? My desktop runs my business and leisure great on dual core thanks. NFC peaks my interest but I'm guessing it's going to be a few years before there's a large enough ecosystem to make it useful on a regular basis.

G

So some random from a crap retail establishment says that it will be released in November and its not really any different to the iphone 4 apart from software and this should be taken as FACT?! You could walk into any phone shop in the UK and hear a sales person talk crap about phones.. Best wait for a more credible source I feel.

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]To be fair, the nature of your comment would suggest that even if the iPhone 5 was scientifically proven to be the best thing since sliced bread, you'd still hate it. Ergo, you are a troll.For the love of God, just choose a phone you like, use it, and stop hating on others for liking something different to you. There are plenty of intelligent iPhone users out there (myself included) who buy them for the practicality, usability and no-nonsense ecosystem. and couldn't care less whose logo is etched onto the back.[/citation]

yeah and again, the hate bandwagon continues just so to look cool. stop it already.

G

[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Pwned by Galaxy S II already. Useless. Fail, as always. Will bring a lot of profit from iSheep, though. Nice move.[/citation]

[citation][nom]Griffolion[/nom]It's already been beaten to market by the SGS2 and the HTC Sensation which are both superior. Honestly, there are only 2 reasons to buy an iPhone in the current market:1. You're already heavily bought into the Apple ecosystem and that's fair enough.2. You want the name, and the name only.[/citation]

We can play the Android vs. iOS game all day, but at the end of the day, both OSs are winners.

Android phones come in a variety of brands so the hardware refreshes are more frequent, iOS just comes from Apple, despite how big Apple is they can only focus on so many devices, being 1 company, they can't afford to cannibalize their own products like Android devices do.

As an iPhone 3GS user myself, I have become quite jealous of the hardware prowess of recent Android phones, the widgets, OS layers-e.g. HTC Sense.
However, after using a Android phone for a while I am greatly disappointed in the Marketplace, the AppStore just simply blows it out of the water. iOS maybe lacking in widgets and other software layers such as Motoblur, but that's just more bloat-ware.

Hardware does not mean anything unless software utilizes it. Using an iOS device that has inferior hardware, but has a great and simple OS will continue to attract developers such as Epic, etc. and in turn efficiently utilize the full power of iOS devices. The Android Market is fragmented, there are many versions of Android out there. Android apps are restrictive by both OS builds and by hardware restrictions, My iPhone 3GS continues to run on the latest iOS, granted I'm held back from only a handful of apps by the hardware.

Both Android and iOS rock! It just matters what you like the most!

G

I have an iPhone 3GS, it was incredibly better than my previous phone (att Tilt). I wanted to see what Apple would bring to the table this summer, but if they are not able to deliver because of 'software' then I'm moving on. I could understand if there is parts shortages, it was tragic what happened in the East and I don't care to push those survivors to deliver me a phone, but come on Apple, aren't you rolling in Dough? Just hire more people to work on the software if that's the problem.
If I don't see a phone from them soon, I will move to Android. Number 1 frustration with my iphone is that I can't play things out to a tv unless the application uses that stupid tv out api.. most programs do not use it.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
This is great news if you are into old technology. Woohoo, the iPhone will have a flash on its camera. Wow, My Motorola Rizer I bought 5 years had a led flash for the camera. 2011 and still cant use flash player. For anybody looking for that retro tiny screen phone. The iPhone is a great choice.

Steve Handjobs did reveal at the last CES that i in iPhone stands for inferior Phone.

G

[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]This is great news if you are into old technology. Woohoo, the iPhone will have a flash on its camera. Wow, My Motorola Rizer I bought 5 years had a led flash for the camera. 2011 and still cant use flash player. For anybody looking for that retro tiny screen phone. The iPhone is a great choice. Steve Handjobs did reveal at the last CES that i in iPhone stands for inferior Phone.[/citation]

Grow up, you idiot.

The iPhone 4 still, to this day, has one of the best screens in the mobile market, so I've no idea what your beef is with its 'retro' screen. Additionally, there's a pretty good reason why the iPhone does not support Flash - chiefly because Flash was NEVER intended/optimized to be used on touch screen devices and is consequently AWFUL on most touch screen devices, as you would know if you've ever actually tried to use Flash content productively on a touch screen phone.

Back to the troll-cave you go.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]Grow up, you idiot.The iPhone 4 still, to this day, has one of the best screens in the mobile market, so I've no idea what your beef is with its 'retro' screen. Additionally, there's a pretty good reason why the iPhone does not support Flash - chiefly because Flash was NEVER intended/optimized to be used on touch screen devices and is consequently AWFUL on most touch screen devices, as you would know if you've ever actually tried to use Flash content productively on a touch screen phone.Back to the troll-cave you go.[/citation]

LOL, alexkitch fail, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obviously you haven't tried any other phone that the iPhone. The Evo plaid flash fine, and now my new Samsung Droid Charge AMOLED screen that runs flash perfectly and has a way nicer screen that the iPhone. Try surfing the web and using a 4.3 inch screen for a week and the go back to the iPhone. The inferior phone feels like a little kids toy with old technology, no widgets or toggle switches, and crappy itunes that you have to sync with one computer. Have fun converting all your music.

Like I said if you like walls and boundaries like a kid needs, and have no say or control over your phone. The inferior phone, I mean iPhone is great choice.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
More Android fanboys. Enjoy your malware and subpar apps. I dont get why people here get so upset in regards to Apple and their handsets? If you dont like it, great, dont buy it.

But the bottom line is it has the most developer support and the best games, no debating that. And everyone saying LTE is the best. Sure it has nice speeds, but at the expensive of horrible battery life. I know, because I have many friends who have one and the battery life is crap.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]LOL, alexkitch fail, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!obviously you haven't tried any other phone that the iPhone. The Evo plaid flash fine, and now my new Samsung Droid Charge AMOLED screen that runs flash perfectly and has a way nicer screen that the iPhone. Try surfing the web and using a 4.3 inch screen for a week and the go back to the iPhone. The inferior phone feels like a little kids toy with old technology, no widgets or toggle switches, and crappy itunes that you have to sync with one computer. Have fun converting all your music. Like I said if you like walls and boundaries like a kid needs, and have no say or control over your phone. The inferior phone, I mean iPhone is great choice.[/citation]

You're one big fail, really, aren't you.

The Evo, amongst other phones, may play flash 'fine' - but he didn't say they didn't. He said that flash wasn't designed for mobiles. It wasn't. He said that it kills battery life. It does. So how have you contradicted anything he said? You haven't. And therein lies your fail.

Then, apparently, the 'Samsung Droid Charge' has a 'way nicer screen' .... lets check, shall we? The Samsung resolution is 480 x 800 pixels. The iPhone 4 is 960 x 640. Now, I may not have studied maths for a long time, but 960 is bigger than 800, right? And 640 is bigger than 480 right? And because the screen is bigger - it will look even worse, right? Right. Now, lets also realise that the Samsung Droid was released 6/7 months? after the iPhone. And it's still worse. Finally on this topic, 'Kid toys' is very ironic given that you appear to be unable to utilise a screen unless it's big and idiot (or should I say kid) proof.

'Old technology, no widgets or toggle switches' - how ironic. Widgets and toggle switches ARE old technology. 'Crappy itunes that you have to sync with one computer' - er, no you don't? You can sync with any number of computers - and who doesn't have all their music on their computer?

'Have fun converting all your music' ? Er, huh? I use mp3, personally. WTF are you doing when u listen to music? I've never had to convert anything, and I've used an iPhone and other phones/devices for a while.

'Like I said if you like walls and boundaries like a kid needs, and have no say or control over your phone. The inferior phone, I mean iPhone is great choice.'

Sorry, did you say that you need a toggle switch and a big lower resolution screen? Maybe you've got chubby fingers and deteriorating eyesight, but for us young professionals, we can see and we can cope with a screen which has higher resolution. No control over my phone? Sorry, but I don't see anything that I can't do with my iPhone that I want to, but numerous things I CAN do and can't on other phones.

For example, I enjoy Sky TV on my iPhone. If you like walls and boundaries which prevent you watching Sky TV (as just one example) - the inferior phone, I mean the 6 months-later, worse resolution, flash-battery-life-zapping, lower battery life and inferior functionality phone, the inferior phone, I mean the Samsung Failoid is great choice.

And as a side note - you don't hate Apple because it's bad, in any way. You hate apple because you're a geek who can only try to differentiate himself from anyone else in believing you make better technology decisions, and can't handle all the people who also have good looks, style, popularity, you know, a life - having the same technology as you.

It's tragic, really :)

G

[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]LOL, alexkitch fail, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!obviously you haven't tried any other phone that the iPhone.[/citation]

I've had more phones in my lifetime than you've probably had dates, and I'm certainly not tied to any one OS - I'm a technology enthusiast, not a greasy little fanboi over a particular brand.

I guarantee you're one of those people devoted to Intel too, or AMD. Grow up and open your mind - you'll be surprised what you might actually learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.