Report: Kids Are Getting High Off MP3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

vartok

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
must... resist urge.... to try.... *digs through drawer to find headphones*

sounds like BS to me.... but hey... thats what people first thought about cans of whip cream

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
i just tried it, it's just a bunch of weird noises, had no effect on me, I'm guessing peer pressure and possibly alcohol are involved in most of those youtube vids

frye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
It's just a psychological effect. You think something's going to happen, so you start imagining that it actually is happening.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
If it doesn't affect the kid physically, then I guess no harm done. And the gateway drug effect is pure BS, if you are a person, that easily gets addicted to stuff, you will get addicted no matter what. I mean, I've done some weird shit when I was a teen, yet I am still alive and living a normal life.

subgum

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Teenagers these days are freaking stupid. I guess that makes the competition easier for my slightly older generation...

dezonio2

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
what a load of horsecrap, i have a program for creating binaural waves to help induce certain states, but these idiot teenagers are freaking out because they expect something "supernatural" from an audio file... it's only in their heads... kinda like first time driving a car, you will have a different approach if someone says it easy and effortless versus if they freak you out with death statistics and other warnings...

dezonio2

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
[citation][nom]andybird123[/nom]it's not April 1st is it?[/citation]
I thought it was to the point of checking the today's date...

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Reminds me of the Batman beyond episode where the guy got high off of tuning forks... WOW who knew Batman back then can get close to what they predicted..

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Umm, after taking things that could/will make you freak out, this is some nonsense.

Where are the parents today?! Its about time that someone besides the record industry/internet/drug dealers take responsibility for the CHILDREN that are having issues.

And yes, parents are responsible for their CHILDREN younger than 18

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
The only problem with this is that of the lossy nature of the MP3, which causes a massive reduction in the ear enjoyment activity for those who want to listen to some smooth sound and remember only Gentlemen wear top hats

expensive magnifying glass

Status
Not open for further replies.