Report: Verizon's "iPhone" is a Microsoft Device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

dor... dor... dup... Were sorry, The person you are trying to reach is unavailable, once he clears the blue screen of death, hang up and try again.

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]mikeje@yahoocom[/nom]dor... dor... dup... Were sorry, The person you are trying to reach is unavailable, once he clears the blue screen of death, hang up and try again.[/citation]

Hahahaha.

This is Bill Gates with Microsoft Corp. I am away from my desk right now, so if you have the blue screen of death just reboot your phone or dial *2 on your phone to connect with our Indian reps of further assistance. We vaulue your business and need your money to build microsoft malls throughout the U.S., hehe. Have good day ^_^

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I just noticed something.

Even though this site is essentially a windows shop, more people seem to have the balls to say they get sexually excited by Apple. But very few people are as willing to say something as stupidly fanatic about Windows.

I'm not one of those few, this excites me in all the wrong ways.

fwaits

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
To me this is just MS looking to work harder with vendors to improve the WM platform on their 3rd party hardware. I'm sure they realize their weakest link right now is that WM is viewed as sluggish and less user-friendly than newer platforms like the iPhone and Andriod (And soon the Pre). You can see they took some steps to improve that in WM6.5, but the real changes will come in WM7 and I'm sure they want to make sure it is as optimized as possible on the latest hardware so that it can complete in as many areas as possible while still holding on to it's strengths.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
If i was looking into a new mobile phone i would get the WinMo just because i dislike apple and their product (except for iPods)

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I had 2 HTC made Windows Mobile phones before I got my iPhone. Before i got the iPhone I was looking around at the new Windows Mobile phones and at the time there was the Touch and the Tilt. I had convinced many of my friends to get them while I was still using my 8525, but I played with my friends Tilt a lot and it seemed a lot more chinsy than my 8525. Plus he always told me about the problem he had with it that he never had with with 8515. In the end I bought my first(and only) Apple product ever, the iPhone. It was $100 cheaper than the WinMo phones and in my opinion it was definitely the right choice.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]fwaits[/nom]To me this is just MS looking to work harder with vendors to improve the WM platform on their 3rd party hardware. I'm sure they realize their weakest link right now is that WM is viewed as sluggish and less user-friendly than newer platforms like the iPhone and Andriod (And soon the Pre). You can see they took some steps to improve that in WM6.5, but the real changes will come in WM7 and I'm sure they want to make sure it is as optimized as possible on the latest hardware so that it can complete in as many areas as possible while still holding on to it's strengths.[/citation]

Why would this be a "windows shop" what does hardware have to do with software? another confused fanboy trying to pretend he is not one...

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]I had 2 HTC made Windows Mobile phones before I got my iPhone. Before i got the iPhone I was looking around at the new Windows Mobile phones and at the time there was the Touch and the Tilt. I had convinced many of my friends to get them while I was still using my 8525, but I played with my friends Tilt a lot and it seemed a lot more chinsy than my 8525. Plus he always told me about the problem he had with it that he never had with with 8515. In the end I bought my first(and only) Apple product ever, the iPhone. It was $100 cheaper than the WinMo phones and in my opinion it was definitely the right choice.[/citation]

You remind me of my friend that has gone through a few different winmo phone and hacks the shit out of them to get the latest winmo stuff on them. He has had many htc's and currently owns a touch, he played with my phone and wants one just like that...

I love watching people get angry and not want to admit Apple has a good product, great blazing fast hardware is not always all it takes to make a great product. The fastest hardware is nothing with inefficient software.

G

Of course the ipod is a good product, what sucks is that you're tied to AT&T to use it. Want to see Apple's profits and stock price double? Let them sell the ipod for -ALL- the cell companies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]is it me or the people rating things on THG are idiots (thumbs up thumbs down etc)[/citation]
Anyone else see the huge irony in this post?

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Lack of inspiration in finding suggestive headlines?
That one can easily contest for the stupidest on TH, lately.
The idiotic huge ad on the left side, that follows you on the whole page, is representative for the new enthusiasm at TH, in painting m$ pink, lately.

m$ on the phone is a huge NO. That should be a reliable device, not some dumbed down piece of m$ $hit.

m$ UAC for preventing the last worm clogging 911: "Warning: The illegal use of emergency services is severely punishable by law!" "Do you really want to call the emergency service?" "Insert your security password" "Are you really sure?" "This is the last warning"...

gac64k56

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Anyway we look at it, each phone has it's pros and cons. I have an iPhone 3G for my personal life, but used to have a Verizon XV6700 for work. I now have to keep my iPhone in a case to keep it semi rugged while that 6700 could last in water for 3 minutes (actually happened about a few months before I got the iPhone) and still with mobile windows media player play a 2 Mbit video from the sd card reader and the screen still worked. It did what I needed it to do, but didn't have the entertainment value of the iPhone. The iPhone is great for entertainment, but is not as useful in terms of work relations, most of the time due to the lack of multitasking and the the clipboard feature, as well as file system access without jailbreaking it. Limited as well in software expandability is the iPhone, while a simple hack or install though Windows Mobile. The talk about a "Zune" feature is nice and is may provide a better option compared to the built in Media Player.

Each phone has it's cons and pros. Depending on your preference and wants for either company or yourself / others, choose the phone that fits what you need and want, weighing at times what is more important when one feature is only available for that platform. This "war" of phones and OS's has to stop and present have the users have a clear view of what features does what, even if it's a virtual one on a website, not to discriminate against one OS or phone to sell another.

When ya give suggestions for phones, take the time before that to use the rivaling phone features and take into consideration of what the person is looking for in a phone, not what is the hottest, latest, and greatest (unless that is what they are looking for).

I can keep going on and on, but I'll just post a blog about this to link instead of continuing on about something that has been repeated over and over through many sites.

Thank you.

gac64k56

Status
Not open for further replies.