Report: Wii HD May Appear Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
I'm still confused as to weather this will be a whole new console, or if it will be an incremental upgrade like the DSi...?

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
probably won't look very good. The wii doesn't have a great amount of processing power. I realized this after playing some of the same games on Xbox and ps3..

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Can the current hardware for the Wii even handle rendering over 480p? The last game I played had noticeable lag anytime anything remotely taxing occurred (Mario Party for the Wii).

matchboxmatt

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I highly doubt it. The thing prints money, and it was only released 3 years ago. After just giving it a price drop, I think it'll still be around at least a couple years.

itrendslave

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]probably won't look very good. The wii doesn't have a great amount of processing power. I realized this after playing some of the same games on Xbox and ps3..[/citation]
Derr... obviously you'd have to have new hardware for this.
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]Can the current hardware for the Wii even handle rendering over 480p? The last game I played had noticeable lag anytime anything remotely taxing occurred (Mario Party for the Wii).[/citation]
Refer to my above statement.
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]We already knew the Wii HD is coming next year... This news came like months ago.[/citation]
You are just retarded... clearly there hasn't been an announcement of your so-called "hard-in-stone, release-date-announced Wii HD" at ALL yet. You must be one of the few lucky "insiders" that Miyamoto tells all his secrets to. To you three, I say FAIL.

awaken688

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
If they keep they same basic concept and increase horsepower (CPU + GPU), it could work for them. I assume they'll have more advanced motion control in the future as well like Sony and MS.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
About Damn Time!! My god, everything else I have goes through the HDMI inputs on my stereo EXCEPT my Wii which has to go through the component inputs, and that's for some pretty weak 480p!

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Yes, game play is more important than graphics, but not by much. I play Tiger woods 10 with Wii motion more than any game, but the graphics suck. Dont get me wrong, I love the Wii, but the games could be some much more enjoyable with some 1080p graphics. My PC looks 10 years ahead of the Wii. I think Miyamoto should try Crysis on a descent PC to see how is Wii graphics are poopy cacas.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
If what is being said about the DS is true, I SERIOUSLY doubt this will happen. Supposedly, the design and everything is finalized and the deal is done with NVidia. Of course both are just speculation and rumors.

Prachter is wrong a lot, so...

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
What's the the picture...
wii HD... pft they are late. By next year they should drop the price another $50 or create better bundle if they want to compete with x360 & ps3 (both with motion sensor)

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
I'm really getting dumbed down for this but...

[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]And consonle fanboi flamewar commencing in...321....[/citation]

LOL
+1 now you're just 8 negative :)

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Oh they can just put in a chip to automatically upscale the image and then call in the Wii HD. No sense in spending more money to upgrade the GPU just to output to HD TVs as games would still need to run on the original Wiis. Nintendo still actually makes money on selling just the Wii itself, unlike Microsoft or Sony which loose money when you buy their machine, so I wouldn't expect any new systems from Nintendo soon.

Square_Head

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
The next generation of Nintendo might be the first runner in the next cycle. X360 and P(o)S3 will extended well into 2012. I could see Nintendo getting a jump late 2011 with their next console - a true HD set. It'll be fully backwards compatible and have better controls and maybe a new controller device... I'm hoping or some sort of "real" Power Glove that uses your fingers.

Bottom line, its gameplay that rules the day. Nintendo has focused on the group gaming idea, the party machine. FPS are a dime a dozen - shooting Nazi, Aliens, Zombies, Commandos etc. If you've played one, you've play a dozen. Nintendo shines when it has different types of games. Mario Kart is different than Mario Galaxy is different from Mario Party.

If the only games that I played were FPS, yes then I'd want high graphic quality and details running at 1080p... but come on, there are more than just FPS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.