Reports: Amazon, Nokia, MSFT Considered RIM Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I don't think RIM will have a choice but to sell at the rate they are losing customers. Might as well sell now while others still think there is value.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I really don't understand what was so attractive about a Blackberry on the first place - I used one and I just didn't see it. It's only logical that RIM disappears - especially now that most governments intimidated them into giving up their encryption story.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I am just switching to Android right now (over the next 3 days). While I certainly appreciate the shear number of apps, with respect to Android, versus BB; the fact is, the lack of Android having either a decent message push system or a unified messaging/emailing window, and the lack of Facebook integration with the messaging/contacts is stunning...

BlackBerry needs to advertise their benefits to people who just don't know. If they would have offered one of their better phones (other than the Curve or the Style) I would have stayed with them...

BlackBerrys are simply better for general communication.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I think that RIM has the capability to turn their fortunes around. Their latest products aren't bad, they just need to innovate a bit and their corporate customer will come flocking back. I don't think its the right time to start buying RIM shares, but that day may not be too far off.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I pass by all the RIM buildings day in and out on my way to school and I really do hope they can figure their crap out and getting back to business. I personally believe that they dont need to sell the company but need to
1. Get rid of the dual CEOs, I dont think this as ever been successful implemented.
2. Focus on their value proposition which I always thought was security/corporate integration and such, why are they trying to compete with media phones/media devices when they should be locking in huge corporations.
3. Create better customer support, I know tons of people who's blackberry's have broken and the repair time has been over 1 month. Apple replaces phone's on the spot, now I know that isnt possible for RIM but maybe integrating a system with service provides who can do a quick diagnostic on site and then swap broken phones (not users fault of course) for refurbished ones

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I would not have appreciated such a move. The Blackberry OS is still strong, just not as strong as Android/iOS has been recently. It's not like Nokia's Symbian that was bleeding market share nor is it like WP7 which gained little share.

Status
Not open for further replies.