I reset my Asus X553M in November and have ignored it until now but I want to get it fixed. I reset it (not to factory settings but where it deleted all my files) and when I tried to use it again I input my language and time etc. then pressed continue it looked like it was going to start but then going back to where I had to input my language? It's really frustrating as I need my laptop and would prefer to not have to pay to get it fixed! Thanks
If it is not keeping the date and time it may be a dead CMOS battery. Also you can try the following...
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.
Try the following...
1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.
Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.