Response - Siri on Iphone 4

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I tried posting under the article on tomsguide, but for some reason my response said "needed to wait for approval of a moderator"..??.. And I don't see it yet, so I thought I'd just post it in here.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-4s-siri-phone-4-port-jailbreak,news-13050.html

I had Siri on my iphone 4 working great for over a year, until the new Iphone 4S came out, and now it doesn't work.
And this is why I hate apple. Not just the fact that they try and patent everything on the planet "App store", "Slide unlock", but also because I am tired of Apple's dictatorship, and the fact that itunes is the worst phone interface ever invented IMO..
Don't even have to mention factory conditions do I?
That is why after my At&t contract is up, I am trading in my iphone for an android or a windows 8 phone. And why I am banning apple in my home.

And just FYI for anyone who doesn't know, siri was on the app store way before apple bought it out and ruined it for everyone who doesn't own an iphone 4s. Now if I want it I have to spend $200.00 to upgrade my phone to the 4s (sorry apple, not gonna force me into that one). :non: :pfff: :fou:

Actually, I still have it on my phone, just doesn't work..

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

No matter what I do, even tried restarting and resetting my phone, on wi-fi, 3g, still get this message..... :heink:

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
So in short, Apple already had the app in its app store, they removed it and called it a new feature on the iPhone 4S, and at the same time disabled the usability on legacy devices.
Wow. What's amazing to me is that this seems to just be coming to light right now as opposed to during iPhone 4S launch time.
How can you shaft your existing customers that hard and expect them to remain loyal?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Well, Apple will prolly charge you almost 200 bucks to get it back on the phone as a standalone app once it's released again. Just to get their money from the 4S missed sale...lol.
but, seriously, good call with the phone switch.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
This should be in the news section ffs! I don't think any "professional" tech site has written about this. What you should be getting is a full refund for the app you purchased. Can't you file a complaint on the App store or is it against their policy to give refunds?

Dang, this is quite shocking to be honest didn't think they will stoop so low lol. Hmm...anyone know any admins that can turn this into news?

*edit*
found this out with a quick google search:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/16586336

Also this:
http://www.macworld.com/article/162836/2011/10/dropped_from_app_store_siri_assistant_to_stop_working_oct_15.html

Siri was free? I thought you had to pay for it lol. Well man, the app was free and they did announce it will stop working so... not much that can be done :??: It still sucks though.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Don't expect this to show up on the news section, for everyone to see. It would mean too much for the Apple-loving community out there to take and will give a deathblow to their trolls in the comments section. People posting news are well-known for their subjectivity when it comes to this.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

Apple bought Siri privately and it became there company. They then took a primitive application and improved it by 10fold. The Siri application used before is about the same as voice recognition. You have lost nothing by losing the Siri application. Moreover, they need something on the 4S to make it upgrade worthy...

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Neah, I don't really see an improvement, my boss has the 4s with the siri, and I tried it on his phone, and honestly I don't really see a difference. Worked the same, just looked different. You could ask siri weird questions before and get funny answers.

samboycott

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
I feel siri is a failure on the Indian Land, as SIRI is unable to understand the Indian accent and also siri does not recognize most common and popular get together places and restaurants at Bangalore.