restore toshiba A215-s5824 to factory settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_105

Prominent
May 26, 2017
I was just "handed over" a friends Toshiba Window Vista model PSAFGV-06F01D a few days after their Son's funeral. Actually,the complete bedroom and home were totally purged with the help of a few friends to "cleanse" the home of all but a few precious memories. Of course, any manuals, operating CD's or password hints were never be written down but rather left to the universe for retention.

I have attempted to read some Supervisor documentation on various internet sites about password recovery or possible restore of the OS. In this case it would be WIN Vista. As in dinosaur system!

From reading many of the older postings and snide replies, I am age 68 and retired from Active Duty Air Force and another productive Federal employment career over my productive employment years. Attempting to gain access into this laptop is only to help a longtime friend look for any information that might assist in learning more about their Son's sudden death.

Thank you for your help!

In any case, if you did a factory recovery (as per the title of your thread) that would erase all existing data from the hard drive. It seems to me you wish to preserve it, so it's no good going down that route.

If the previous owner has very sensibly password-protected his laptop, you'll get no help here.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.