Question Restored my iphone to a backup made 1 year ago and my apps are not wiped out?

jasper_27

Prominent
Aug 26, 2018
Hello this is my scenario: I have a backup made a year ago or so and I decided to restore to that backup since I do need some deleted messages photos.

The problem starts here. To illustrate the issue. Let me call the old back up as "BACKUP1". after backup since it is done a long time ago, I have installed and used some apps on my iphone that are not included in "BACKUP1", for example these apps are NBA 2k20, tiktok, and other apps (these apps are installed after "BACKUP1" is done)

My problem is when I restored from backup to "BACKUP1" using itunes, I cannot explain why nba 2k20, tiktok and all other new apps remained in my phone after the Restore even though I am very sure that they are not included in "BACKUP1".

Is this a normal scenario? Because I am expecting that the phone will be wiped out, and the only things that will remain are the data from "BACKUP1". Please enlighten me and thank you everyone. stay safe

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Neonzz1 iPhone 1
D iPhone 0
F iPhone 1
I iPhone 1
K iPhone 1
B iPhone 1
M iPhone 1
A iPhone 1
K iPhone 3
viveknayyar007 iPhone 0
viveknayyar007 iPhone 0