Results of NASA Moon Bombing to Take 2 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jochamus

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
You've got to love the rejected high-five at 5:01. Still I think NASA's attempts are at least aimed in the right direction, one day this world will wear out and it's good they are searching for alternatives.

I'am hoping for water on the moon, it would be a good start for a possible lunar establishment!

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Yup. Hype has ruined a lot of things due to expectations but who will give me an answer and tell me since when NASA decides what they will do with our moon? Cause sure as hell I have more of a right to dump on it then them to bomb it...

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]Great... More junk in space. Who is going to clean it up?[/citation]

The sun! Or A sun.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
so visible light impact and debris were not easy to see. Where are the thermal, infrared or multi spectral cameras aimed at this test videos??? Surely they didn't send a multi million dollar satellite into the moon with a $19 logitech quick cam glued to the front did they???

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]so visible light impact and debris were not easy to see. Where are the thermal, infrared or multi spectral cameras aimed at this test videos??? Surely they didn't send a multi million dollar satellite into the moon with a $19 logitech quick cam glued to the front did they???[/citation]

Why would they? The main point of the impact was NOT the plume visuals, it was what was IN the plume.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Instead of wasting all that money on spoiling a perfectly good solar system, they ought to be spending that money on trying to clean up the clutter they've already creted out there with dead sats and debris. Plus that'd only cost them a little, the rest ought to be used to clean up the system they presently live in and make it better and increase the life expectancy of the earth..... what a bunch of idiots.......
To all the nerds who say keep up the good work..... what a lot of BS...... who do you think is going to live on the moon???? half of you can't afford to go to another country...... lol........ and you expect them to give you a ride to the moon...... when the earths not livable in anymore......lol

wastral

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
2 weeks... Right. They knew within 30 minutes weather or not they saw water in the dirt plume. Water's signature is very obvious to a spectroscope camera. Its analyzed by a computer on the fly. Their extra time was simply to decide how to "spin" the fact that the test showed them no water or completely inconclusive. Its how all bureaucrats works and think. CYA is their mantra. Cover Your Ass.

eskimo_1

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]so visible light impact and debris were not easy to see. Where are the thermal, infrared or multi spectral cameras aimed at this test videos??? Surely they didn't send a multi million dollar satellite into the moon with a $19 logitech quick cam glued to the front did they???[/citation]
That is exactly what i thought, they spend millions on the space craft but the video quality is beyond shit at a mere 1 FPS! Wonder why that is?

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Im really surprised by the fact that most people are completely unawar of the fact that all of the technology we have now is only because of out quest to get on the moon in the 1960's. Since then all we have done is find ways to make the tech we had discovered then smaller and faster.

Humans seem to excel best when an impossible challange is lade before them. Going to Mars and basing on the Moon is pretty big challanges and would at least lend to the advancement of the entire species. How is that a waste of money?

Ohh yea forgive me Ive forgotten how short sited we are these day and that if projects dont yield results right now then they must be worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.