Review: Skyfire Mobile Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Now, if only they would release an iPhone app for this...

I'm not much for windows mobile after I used the BlackJack. It tends to slowly turn to crap as time progresses. It would be really nice to see this technology on a phone that's already championed as the best phone ever (generally).

bujcri

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
This browser looks great and does great, except for smth. that is important for a phone like mine (Nokia E51) with a smaller screen: it cannot rotate the page which is annoying esp. when watching video...

G

@pocketdrummer; Skyfire can't produce a version for iPhone (keen as the team would be to do it) as Apple doesn't allow other browsers on the iPhone.

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
[citation][nom]MaryBranscombe[/nom]@pocketdrummer; Skyfire can't produce a version for iPhone (keen as the team would be to do it) as Apple doesn't allow other browsers on the iPhone.[/citation]

there are alternatives im sure of it but there more based on the integrated safari?

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Now, if only they would release an iPhone app for this...I'm not much for windows mobile after I used the BlackJack. It tends to slowly turn to crap as time progresses. It would be really nice to see this technology on a phone that's already championed as the best phone ever (generally).[/citation]

Sorry to hear of your WinMo experience. I have the 2yr old Tilt on AT&T and haven't looked back since. Had to replace only once after having dropped it...Oop's! Waiting till my November date to get my discounted TP2. Of course my WinMo is XDA hacked running SPB Shell 3.0 :)

G

Madhavi Wagh

Recently downloaded the ONE Browser on my Sony Ericsson Neo V (Android) as i was looking for a new browser for my phone. The layout of the browser is comfortable with two home screens with everything i want to available in front of me. Some features tht really caught my eye are the download manager which makes downloading movies, songs, etc really easy and fast and the night mode which cuts back the glare from the screen and reduces the strain on the eyes. Finally, watching movies on my phone while travelling is possible. Kudos to the development team of ONE Browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.