Discussion reviving older ASUS G75

Jul 15, 2021
Having a hard time as first time user. I am reviving an older 2014 Asus G75 laptop. Works well but can't link up to the web. My intentions are to update to Windows 10 and install current AVG antivirus soft ware.....but.... it will not let me link up to the web. All the old files have been backed up on a separate external hard drive.

I hard connected to my network and when I try to open Explorer I get a message that the McCaffee certificate as expired .....well I now that..... and do not wish to renew but install my multicomputer package from AVG.

What am I missing?????

Jul 15, 2021
I did....... deleted Icon and program files. Shut down and restarted and permanently deleted fromthe recycle bin.

Still can't linkup to web and still getting same "certificate expiration issue.

Remember I am still using Windows 7.........

Vat do vee do next????

Bob C

Having a hard time as first time user. I am reviving an older 2014 Asus G75 laptop. Works well but can't link up to the web. My intentions are to update to Windows 10 and install current AVG antivirus soft ware.....but.... it will not let me link up to the web. All the old files have been backed up on a separate external hard drive.

I hard connected to my network and when I try to open Explorer I get a message that the McCaffee certificate as expired .....well I now that..... and do not wish to renew but install my multicomputer package from AVG.

What am I missing?????

If you are upgrading it to Win 10, just make a USB stick with the setup and run off that.

Jul 15, 2021
Duh..... why did I not think of that........??!!

will do and keep you posted......... I now see a light at the end of this tunnel...

Thanks a million.

Bob C

Jul 15, 2021
I think so........ AVG support suggested downloading the Windows 10 update from my desk top onto a Kingston Key,,,,which I did....then from the key stick updated the laptop........just noticed it is still updating and the screen shown was July 16th 2021....of course hours have passed but it looks good...... Windows 10 is running...... now to put it throughits pace and see if I can access the web for more software.........

Will update my results

Thanks a million.