Rhapsody Remodels As iTunes Competitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Ok so let me get this straight. They want to compete with iTunes with DRM free (low quality) MP3's at $0.99 on your PC and $1.99 a song for your cell phone??!! Oh I see because it's DRM free (which in all actuality should be cheaper not having to license DRM) you the consumer have to pay more for it? Now I see the logic. Because there is no DRM you can use it on more devices therefor getting more use out of it, hence you have to pay more.

Also let's compete with a system that's hugely popular and are unlikely to win any of their customers just by matching their prices. Uh huh great logic again. Why not tie Rhapsody in with the most intrusive and violating of all media players in the world? Realplayer! Do that and you've got yourself a winner!

Sorry but this kind of retarded thinking is what is going to bring the music industry to it's final death knell. I welcome it for the simple fact that these corp. just can't adapt, so it's survival of the fittest.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
I'm not sure what you're talking about, Mr Roboto... this sounds like a great idea to me. The only thing I wonder is this: I bought some songs through Rhapsody some time ago, and they have the DRM on them, meaning I can play them on any mp3 player, but only one computer... I wonder if there's a way to remove the DRM now?

Status
Not open for further replies.