RIAA: DRM is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Love the typo that calls him LaMy not LaRRy - more obvious in uppercase ;)

So when are PC game developers gonna see the same light? They can't even try to argue they need DRM more than the media industry.

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Finally! I guess when a person that downloads the music for free has actually more rights than the person that buys it, there's a problem.

macer1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Shnur[/nom]Finally! I guess when a person that downloads the music for free has actually more rights than the person that buys it, there's a problem.[/citation]

+1

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Shnur[/nom]Finally! I guess when a person that downloads the music for free has actually more rights than the person that buys it, there's a problem.[/citation]

Actually they have the same rights :p

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
After iTunes DRM-free'd their music, I started to buying from them ... back then I would buy the disc and rip it. I never understood how spending the same amount on iTunes gave me restricted music when I can just buy a disc for the same and rip the same music with unlimited freedom... and there really isn't much a difference since I was going to rip it to AAC anyways (my format choice, MP3 to me is obsolete technology imo)

DRM never made sense and finally RIAA realized the stupidity of DRM. At least better late than never...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]deltatux[/nom]After iTunes DRM-free'd their music, I started to buying from them ... back then I would buy the disc and rip it. I never understood how spending the same amount on iTunes gave me restricted music when I can just buy a disc for the same and rip the same music with unlimited freedom... and there really isn't much a difference since I was going to rip it to AAC anyways (my format choice, MP3 to me is obsolete technology imo)DRM never made sense and finally RIAA realized the stupidity of DRM. At least better late than never...[/citation]
Don't mistake the inability to force DRM on major companies like Apple and Amazon with the idea that the RIAA had some sort of groundbreaking epiphany...

feenyxfire

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Finally, the Mafiaa will go bother someone else now.

When companies finally stop wasting money on DRM and actually put out products people are willing to BUY, then maybe the companies will make money. DRM only stopped stupid 'pirates', of which there were very few anyways. An 8-year-old can figure out how to download a key-gen, a slightly more clever one can figure out how to log into a 'pirate' server for the phone-home DRM... Watermarked metadata will only last as long as it isn't a problem: as soon as it is, someone will come out with a file hack that strips it out. I'm not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.