Right side of my headset stops working

mcmarto

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I have Corsair Vengeance 1500, 2 years old and one side suddenly stopped working.
This happens for the second time. Last time I gave them for repair and the guy said the problem comes from the remote box (for volume and mute). He fixed them and they worked for a few months, but now the problem occurs again. Is there anything I can do myself to fix them or I should just give them for repair again?
I don't really want to change them, because the sound quality is perfect, considering that I have 4 or 5 other expensive headsets (prizes from online tournaments and such) and none of them comes even remotely close to those.

PapaShand

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015

Do you have a corsair warranty and proof of purchase receipt available? If you do you can request for a new headset if this problem occurs often! :)

mcmarto

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I don't have a warranty, I made the mistake of buying them on ebay and when I requested a repair/new headset they said I needed a purchase receipt, even though I presented a serial code and everything else.
The problem only occured twice in 2 years. Well, I guess I'll give them for repair again somewhere in my city.