Right Speaker Noise on high volume

ewillisva

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
I have a set of 2.1 Klipsch Pro Media speakers on my computer using SoundBlaster Z card and driver. There is an issue where the right speaker emits a loud popping sound, almost like a zapping noise, when the volume is high or when there is a sudden loud noise. I am able to avoid this most of the time by lowering the manual speaker volume. However, the manual volume control is extremely sensitive and I am often unable to find a good balance to avoid the sound from occuring. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried reconnecting the speaker wires to the subwoofer, so that does not seem to be the problem.

Solution
To me it sounds like the speaker is dead, or very close to it.
my guess is the membrane is somehow lose from the housing, or ther is a hole/rip in it.

Its easy to test this.
connect them to your phone or a different computer and if it still there i guess its time for a new set of speakers.

birne

Estimable
May 19, 2015
To me it sounds like the speaker is dead, or very close to it.
my guess is the membrane is somehow lose from the housing, or ther is a hole/rip in it.

Its easy to test this.
connect them to your phone or a different computer and if it still there i guess its time for a new set of speakers.

Solution