RIM Executives Fired Over Drunken Antics on Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Ok, so passengers are harassed for all sorts of "security" reasons before flight, but are allowed to get drunk in-flight... And the plane goes back just because the airline wants to get every last penny thay can from passengers, even if that means selling them way more drinks than they should...

Corporations should just go away and die somewhere...

G

[citation][nom]fixxxer113[/nom]Corporations should just go away and die somewhere...[/citation]

Then we can go live in the jungle! I want to be lion king :D

But seriously, I don't agree with this. It would change life as you know it.

spunkymunky

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
[citation][nom]fixxxer113[/nom]Corporations should just go away and die somewhere...[/citation]
/brainwashed
Big bad corporations are scary!!!
/brainwashed

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
That's one hell of an expensive drink , I must say. About the guys, just reminded me of a bout of those MTV movies don't remember the name, "Dumbass" or something like that.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]fixxxer113[/nom]Ok, so passengers are harassed for all sorts of "security" reasons before flight, but are allowed to get drunk in-flight... And the plane goes back just because the airline wants to get every last penny thay can from passengers, even if that means selling them way more drinks than they should...Corporations should just go away and die somewhere...[/citation]
Yeah, this was TOTALLY just a money grab by the airlines. The 70k they pulled in totally outweighs how royally pissed off all the passengers are, the negative press for having to turn a flight around and all the reimbursements they'll end up giving the passengers who were delayed, and the passengers on the other flights that were delayed because this plane took hours longer getting there, and so on and so forth. It's so obvious!

In other news...are you stupid or just 12?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]spunkymunky[/nom]/brainwashed Big bad corporations are scary!!!/brainwashed[/citation]

brainwashed? how often does a big corporation see people as people, and not mini banks they can get money from? how often do their executives seam like real people? when was the last time you were treated poorly in a building that has a cooperate headquarters, and when was the last time a non cooperate treated you badly.

its not brain washing when its true, and the only reason most people don't actively avoid corporate is because they are usually far cheaper than a non corporate place... at least in the real world, internet... anything corporate usually costs far more.

[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Yeah, this was TOTALLY just a money grab by the airlines. The 70k they pulled in totally outweighs how royally pissed off all the passengers are, the negative press for having to turn a flight around and all the reimbursements they'll end up giving the passengers who were delayed, and the passengers on the other flights that were delayed because this plane took hours longer getting there, and so on and so forth. It's so obvious!In other news...are you stupid or just 12?[/citation]

when was the last time you were on a plane, there is no not making people mad any more, its just to what degree, the plane turning around is annoying compared to everything that went to getting on the plane.

[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]i don't know about the firing, but airlines should limit how much booze passengers can take while onboard a flight[/citation]

some people couldn't fly without being plastered, many people can handle boose, and many more can not make a douche of themselves, but limiting... yea, i really want the most nervous person making everyone else nervous, than hit a small patch of turbulence and everyone loses their minds again.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
These two were probably idiots that should've been fired long ago. Executives of any billion dollar company is a disgrace. I bet they were insiders for another company.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I personally don't think that people should get fired from their job based on what they do while they aren't at work. In fact, I think there should be laws against it. Even if you're a teacher that is a part-time stripper or in the KKK, its your personal time and you should be able to do what you want. This is more important than ever with the prevalence of social media. I don't have a facebook account specifically because of this but that doesn't stop other people from posting information about me.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
[citation][nom]fixxxer113[/nom]Ok, so passengers are harassed for all sorts of "security" reasons before flight, but are allowed to get drunk in-flight... And the plane goes back just because the airline wants to get every last penny thay can from passengers, even if that means selling them way more drinks than they should...Corporations should just go away and die somewhere...[/citation]

I take it you've never heard of the phrase "disorderly conduct", which these idiots are clearly guilty of. It's one thing to drink, it's another to make a total ass of yourself, which again, they were caught and are guilty of. I don't get the fines but I guess it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.