RIM Investors Want Corporate Shake-up or Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
A shakeup will be nice, but RIM is still doing good. Stock prices don't always mean everything - look at Microsoft's stock price; it hasn't changed much over the last 10 years and yet they're still one of the most successful companies out there yet.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
So, uh... where's QNX?

And more importantly... where's my ability to run Android apps on that BlackBerry? You give me that, and I'll take one. (Though there better be some decent hardware under the hood anyways.)

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
TBH they need a change. While the playbook didn't do well its the only tablet I've considered due to bridge. If android had a bridge feature option I'd be sold on the transformer or, if it ever comes, the memo. Yet due to their phones being poor that's why I've not got or will ever get it. For me it really comes down to lack of features on phones, no HDMI out, no front facing cam, no dual core, poor market compared to comp (they even miss some swapables I'm looking for). The hardware keyboard, BBM (few friends overseas with BB's) and lower data useage (from what I've noticed) isn't enough to save it.

BB useage here is still on the up, its very popular among kids (mainly curve devices) and quite a few people have moved from iphones to it. Here nokia (smart phone only), windows devices are non exsistant. I haven't seen a single user in well over 2 years. Android is increasing in popularity but no where near the level of BB or iphone. I'm always surprised to hear how unpopular BB is.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
why not open it up, Blackberry is very popular in corporate america and many people also love their qwerty keyboards. How about a Hardware company and a Software company. Build the phones with Android options and then sell the OS to companies like HTC or whoever would be interested to build your user/customer base. More phone options is never a bad thing unless theyre running windows phone 7!

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Jaguar has also talked with shareholders about the sale of RIM if a change in management is not ideal or possible.....It began to accumulate additional shares of RIM once the stock price began to plunge earlier this year. Alboini declined to say how many shares Jaguar now controls.

Really, whose interest is Jaguar really looking after...???

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
As a long-standing Blackberry advocate (I've used them for many years for personal and business use, and run my own telecoms company after working for a UK mobile operator) even I am beginning to get disappointed in Blackberry.

I upgraded to the Bold 9900 this week to find that there is no recognised-brand Sat Nav solution available for the OS!! Even most network operator's own Sat Nav offerings have not been updated for the new OS.

This, for me, really sums up the whole situation for Blackberry right now. I sell to businesses every day, and even the least technically-savvy users are expecting additional applications on their 'smart' phones.

This is a high-end business phone, and there isn't even a comprehensive Sat Nav solution? Nokia have navigation software, as do Google, and of course you can get CoPilot etc easily for iPhone.

I'm a businessman, your core market - I really don't give a sh*t about Facebook and Blackberry Messenger. I want to get to my clients on time.

Sort it out RIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.