RIM Officially Announces BlackBerry 6, Torch

Status
Not open for further replies.

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
So lets get this right: a low res screen, slower processor and essentially a fusion of the keyboard and a touchscreen, which in itself isnt anything new- how is this anything extraordinary?

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
a 624mhz processor in the days when a 1 ghz snapdragon is standard. This I believe is what has really been driving away the casual blackberry users. My next phone is more likely to be an android then another blackberry.

G

Asinine if you ask me. Blackberry is almost *too* concerned about their users, as bad as that sounds. What I mean is there comes a point where you have to cut the umbilical cord and get people moving ahead with the times. Every BB user I know is just some ignorant "phones are too fancy these days" pc illiterate user who can barely figure out how to type on a blackberry keypad, let alone a touchscreen keyboard.

Eventually these users are going to move on, leaving RIM in the dust with a bunch of antiquated phones nobody wants. They are relegating themselves to a useless market of 1st generation phones. Not to mention they are probably going to hand over the source code to India just to get a few extra million users, and then it's only a matter of time before their security algorithms are leaked out and make the BB nothing more than an SMS service.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]JesusHimself[/nom]Asinine if you ask me. Every BB user I know is just some ignorant "phones are too fancy these days" pc illiterate user who can barely figure out how to type on a blackberry keypad, let alone a touchscreen keyboard.[/citation]

Yes just like all those people who drive a car with a wheel... A gaming controller is where it's at!!!11! /sarcasm

Seriously though RIM is more into the business market than anything so you predicting BB doom is completely batshit crazy.
Also, I am far more satisfied with the function of a BB over most new smartphones. For a consumer they have well caught up though. **Reminder** average consumer is a moron (JesusHimself)

Status
Not open for further replies.