RIM Receives an Acquisition Offer That's Hard to Believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Despite all the bad news, i don't think RIM will go out that easily, they still have no debt and still sitting on large amounts of cash, and they're still actually making money.

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
This article is today's joke of the day. Trading shares from a lesser company with a rapper at the helm of this company. The best part: it's because he can predict events.

Then give me RIM: I predict our economic downturn is far from over and that 2012 will not be the end of the world. I'm a stock investor and my position is short trading RIM right now.

G

SEEMS LEGIT. I can tell from the high quality of UVMF's website, and from having seem quite a few Nigerian scam emails in my day.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
This article is extremely badly written. Seriously, what the hell does "The actual founder/CEO of the firm, self proclaimed 37-year-old Dr. Nono C. Pearson" mean? What has he self proclaimed his age? name? What?

The rest of it reads almost as badly, often needing a 2nd read to understand the point.

devBunny

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Seriously, what the hell does "The actual founder/CEO of the firm, self proclaimed 37-year-old Dr. Nono C. Pearson" mean?

Yes, I also did a double-take on that one. I decided that it was close ... the 37-year-old , self proclaimed Dr. Nono C. Pearson.

I've got a doctorate, too. I know that ''cos the guy in my mirror said so and it sounded cool. ;o)

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
lol.. what a farce. Blackberry isn't doing great these days, but that's how it works in the forever changing smartphone industry. You can be on top one year, and at the bottom the next. All it takes is one awesome flagship phone, or one not-so-awesome phone to make or break you. RIM still has no debt, so they can stay afloat. They should really just skip the dual-core processor, and jump into quad ASAP. Even if it means a lower profit margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.