RIM Staff Fined $70,000 Following Drunken Antics on Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They should have a chartered a Jet. Saved everyone the trouble.

G

Flying on a regular basis from North America to South East Asia in Business Class, I am always stunned about the carefree attitude of the flight attendents to continue giving out alcohol to already intoxicated individuals. Why not just stop serving alcohol before it is too late?!

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
How did they get that drunk?

Flight attendants shouldn't serve customer when they become too drunk. THey need to be more smart for the security and safety of the air plane and its pasengers.

I remember being on a flight, and the girl behind me was plastered, and they kept serving her. It wasn't until that the guy next to her complained that they stopped serving her (the guy got a new seat). Sometimes I don't htink the servers are being responsable.

G

I doubt the $70k even paid for the fuel and jet time of the plane turning around. Not to mention the delay to the 2-300 passengers. Maybe the passengers should sue the guys, too. Either for lost vacation time or for company time.

notty22

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
They both probably popped some benzo's , figuring they would eventually sleep through 80% of the flight. Except, mixed with booze, it often brings out the ugly drunk in people very easy, and they don't even remember being arezwholes.

__Miguel_

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Hmm, I wonder if the company would not want them to cough up the costs of reimbursing every single ticket sold (other than the offenders, of course), plus any other extra costs involved in diverting the plane (fuel, airport fees, etc.).

I know if I was on that plane, I'd sue the two wise-cracks for damages.

@Kato123: That is a very good question. I can see both sides of that argument (costumer satisfaction for the premium flyers, general good sense for everyone else), and it should be company policy to put a hard limit on how much alcohol any given passenger/group would be allotted (at least on an hourly basis). You might be paying for the stuff (and at extraordinary prices at that), but that doesn't give you the right to 1) gobble up the entire stock and 2) be a jerk to the rest of the people on board.

Miguel

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Classic executives -- probably cost more to fire them -- irony here is that RIM will pay the fine for the execs which is ultimately paid for by those buying RIM devices. See how executive corporate world works -- dig more on RIM and you'll find a long long long list of fraud and corruption from the CEO on down.

And then they wonder why so many are so sick of seeing mulit-million dollar compensation packages for these belligerent executives.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]ahnilated[/nom]Interesting that there is no mention of the charges the 2 men could have filed for being illegally restrained or assaulted.[/citation]
How could something be mentioned that didn't and couldn't exist? If you are unruly on a commercial flight, you can and will be restrained. Nothing illegal about it.

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
[citation][nom]ahnilated[/nom]Interesting that there is no mention of the charges the 2 men could have filed for being illegally restrained or assaulted.[/citation]
Yeah, even in America I doubt they'd get any judge or jury to go for "wah they restrained me illegally/inappropriately when I was being a roaring drunk on airplane give me monies".

Status
Not open for further replies.