RIM Uses Cartoon Characters to Show How You Will Be Bold

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I'm sorry, but this is terrible advertising. First of all, it's too damn long for an advert. If anything, this makes me NOT want to buy a Blackberry because now it feels gimmicky.

Blackberries should be sleek, professional, no-nonsense devices. What's with this "Be Bold" crap?

No seriously, is the average consumer that much of a putz? I mean people base their lives around products. iPhone is for the hipster, Android is the wanna-be Einstein, Blackberry used to be about business, I don't even know what it's about.

What happened to buying according to your needs? Finding your identity without having to relate it to commercial products? Now you're buying into a lifestyle. No wonder the economy is in shambles. Everyone's a fucking retard.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]I'm sorry, but this is terrible advertising. [...][/citation]

RIM is watching its market value fall like a stone. Business guys are switching to Apple, it fits their "I'm rich and I can buy this" style. If they can't find new consumers FAST, they'll have no option but sell out or file for bankruptcy.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]Everyone's a fucking retard.[/citation]
I assume that means you as well?
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]First of all, it's too damn long for an advert. If anything, this makes me NOT want to buy a Blackberry because now it feels gimmicky. Blackberries should be sleek, professional, no-nonsense devices.[/citation]
I would've assumed a smart consumer such as yourself would be able to see through the gimmicks and judge the devices for what they actually are: sleek, professional, no-nonsense devices.

sixdegree

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
If RIM wants superheroes to be the forefront of their lineup, they could opt to use more suitable heroes instead those cartoon heroes. Their target market is business people, so they could use some heroes with business background (such as Batman) for their ad campaign.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]mortsmi7[/nom]I assume that means you as well?I would've assumed a smart consumer such as yourself would be able to see through the gimmicks and judge the devices for what they actually are: sleek, professional, no-nonsense devices.[/citation]

Blackberries are neither now. OSs are catered towards social networking instead. Have you heard of figurative speech? If I'm a retard, then you're one too so I don't see what you're getting at by taking it literally.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]If RIM wants superheroes to be the forefront of their lineup, they could opt to use more suitable heroes instead those cartoon heroes. Their target market is business people, so they could use some heroes with business background (such as Batman) for their ad campaign.[/citation]
People thumbed you down, but I really like the idea. At day, Bruce Wayne the businessman uses his Bold to run Wayne Industries. At night, Batman uses the GPS, maps and social networks of his Bold to track down villains. Cool concept. :)

G

Read the damn article! It is NOT an advertising campaign.

alexkinsella

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]This is a funny way for a company to interact with their customers.. nice one RIM[/citation]

Hi @mrmaia,
Alex from RIM here. That was our whole intent with this infographic – to have a little fun! After challenging our BlackBerry Twitter followers and their friends on New Year’s Eve to submit their resolutions on how they plan to Be Bold in 2012, we received over 35,000 resolutions and wanted to present the data in a fun and original way.
For the latest and greatest on BlackBerry, stay tuned to our Inside Blackberry Blog: http://bbry.lv/cWR2rg.
Cheers,
Alex, RIM Social Media Team

Status
Not open for further replies.