Review Ring Video Doorbell Wired review

Feb 21, 2021
The negatives are precisely why this model appeals to me. I want to get rid of the annoying old chime we have, I want to take advantage of the existing electrical wiring for power and want to use a phone as the chime. Those trade-offs actually target a specific market for a lower price, plus if you want to add a chime you aren't having to get a bundled model with fixed features. You can always upgrade later if you wish and if you want the online cloud service that's available as well. This is the first video doorbell that I find appealing, once the real world performance stats come in(how does it fare in cold winters?), might well get one.

Apr 4, 2021
Instead of buying the Ring chime: If you have any Amazon Echo devices, you can use them to sound a doorbell notification/chime -- in addition to your phone. And they're more versatile than the Ring chime. Echo devices let you speak with the person at the door. Echo devices with screens also let you see them. You can even have Alexa answer the doorbell and get the person's info. A no-brainer.

Apr 4, 2021
Sorry. It turns out that the last feature -- Alexa answering the doorbell -- is only available on higher-end models.