News RIP Backbone One — I just saw the ultimate mobile game controller at CES 2024

Jan 9, 2024
You've gotta give the Gamesir G8 a shot...

It's half the price, maybe less than this controller. Buttons feel amazing compared to the razer Kishi v1, gamesir X2 or the backbone. The ergonomics are amazing, I have large hands, and despite buying all of the controllers I just mentioned. The G8 is hands down, the only one I can comfortably play games on. It looks great, in a uh... Every gaming thing wants to be a retro handheld kinda way?

In regard to the benefits of the controller mentioned in the article, this also has hall effect analogue sticks (they're interchangeable thanks to magnetic face plates. It absolutely fits anything from small to large - I personally use an s23 ultra and it's PERFECT. But I've tried friends folds, a flip and a pixel 7 (normal).

Personally, it's bee as close to perfect as I can imagine.

Apr 14, 2023
You've gotta give the Gamesir G8 a shot...

It's half the price, maybe less than this controller. Buttons feel amazing compared to the razer Kishi v1, gamesir X2 or the backbone. The ergonomics are amazing, I have large hands, and despite buying all of the controllers I just mentioned. The G8 is hands down, the only one I can comfortably play games on. It looks great, in a uh... Every gaming thing wants to be a retro handheld kinda way?

In regard to the benefits of the controller mentioned in the article, this also has hall effect analogue sticks (they're interchangeable thanks to magnetic face plates. It absolutely fits anything from small to large - I personally use an s23 ultra and it's PERFECT. But I've tried friends folds, a flip and a pixel 7 (normal).

Personally, it's bee as close to perfect as I can imagine.
Thanks! Just ordered one, every review gave it 5 stars, and said out of every one type they've bought, this one was by far the best. Now I wait.. thanks again!

Reactions: Nedprks
Jan 9, 2024
You should check out the Turtle Beach Atom controller, it's a great device that folds up so much smaller and is a bunch cheaper too. I've got one for myself and one for my son, they're great 👍.

Jan 9, 2024
Thanks! Just ordered one, every review gave it 5 stars, and said out of every one type they've bought, this one was by far the best. Now I wait.. thanks again!
I hope you like it! I'm honestly so happy with it, besides the Gamesir X2, it's the cheapest of all the controllers that I've bought, and it feels like the most premium while also managing to tick so many other boxes!

I really want to sell my phone and replace it with something a bit better for gaming, but it fits the s23 Ultra SO well. My housemate got hands on with an engineering sample of the 24U the other day though, and it sounds like it fixes my main issues with that too... So maybe I'll upgrade.

Apr 14, 2023
I'm still using my s21ultra, never had any issues myself.. and yes, the gamesir is AWESOME! All anyone would ever need! Most of my games are auto mapped, and it's very easy to manually map if need be, it all feels so comfortable too. One thing I always notice afterward though, is my huge phone, now feels tiny! Lol