Rock Band 3 Launching Oct. 26, Pre-Order Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaevs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Too bad that RB3 does not have Depeche Mode, Smiths, The Cure and other British bands, too much North American songs that i don't like..

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]gaevs[/nom]Too bad that RB3 does not have Depeche Mode, Smiths, The Cure and other British bands, too much North American songs that i don't like..[/citation]

The Cure would have been lovely alright.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]gaevs[/nom]Too bad that RB3 does not have Depeche Mode, Smiths, The Cure and other British bands, too much North American songs that i don't like..[/citation]

The setlist has neither been finalized nor released yet so don't rule those out yet.

The rockband store has plenty of non "north-american" songs to download.

I still enjoy playing and singing the queens of the stone age and oasis tunes I downloaded from the store and those songs were around since rock band 1.

It's a different story if you're just wanting to play the songs that are on disc and are against paying for song downloads.

But that's the cost you'll have to pay. Literally.

hispeed120

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
So how much is the hybrid stringed guitar? That is different than the 102 button guitar they mention for $150, right?

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
the cure is in it....

anyway, $150 for the guitar? no thanks, i wouldnt paid more than $80 for it, $30 for the keyboard

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
All speculation. They could use the (even) cheaper Squire Affinity for $179 on Guitar Center as a base. As for note reading it will likely have a MIDI interface. Current add-in midi solutions are only moderately costly and involve Piezo-electric saddle pickups + the midi interconnect. Quality components to accomplish all this would run ~$150USD. Thinking they're just going to create something new and cheap to make the end guitar no more than $249.99. I think anything less might be a little unrealistic but, who knows. I see $99 POS strat knock-offs all the time.

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]hispeed120[/nom]So how much is the hybrid stringed guitar? That is different than the 102 button guitar they mention for $150, right?[/citation]
Yeah, there's a video somewhere of them using the 102 button guitar and also the real guitar that is sync'd with the game.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Now I wish I hadnt purchased Guitar Hero 3-5. Actually, 4-5. I don't really regret 3 since it had an extremely good song list (in my opinion) At least the GH guitars will work with Rock Band 3, so far as we know.

Neversoft had better not even consider Guitar Hero 6 without the ability to use a real guitar. Even if they do have a real guitar for GH6, I think it may well be too little too late. We may well have seen the end of Guitar Hero.

G

I wouldn't play that guitar outside of the game. It's a piece of **** guitar.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I'd like to just see a converter i can pulg into one of my existing guitars to play, if it is actually teaching to play real songs it'd be kinda cool... granted i'd still probably just prefer to print sheet music offline, btu might be worth it just for a party favor ... just hook it up to one of my junk guitars, however if i have to buy a new junk guitar for it with sensors built in and can't adapt to an existing guitar... not worth it

jgillispie

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Too bad that RB3 does not have Depeche Mode, Smiths, The Cure and other British bands, too much North American songs that i don't like..

There is at least 1 Cure song already announced.

1990s
Been Caught Stealing -- Jane's Addiction
In the Meantime -- Spacehog
Plush -- Stone Temple Pilots
Walkin' on the Sun -- Smash Mouth

1980s
Crazy Train -- Ozzy Osbourne
Here I Go Again -- Whitesnake
I Love Rock and Roll -- Joan Jett
Just Like Heaven -- The Cure*****
Rainbow in the Dark -- Dio
The Power of Love -- Huey Lewis and the News