ROG G751JT or MSI GE72 Apache Pro-001 for gaming?

hunterlprime

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
My main interest is gaming at home.

Links for the 2 laptops,
ASUS ROG G751JT-WH71(WX)
http://store.asus.com/us/item/201510AM160007799/A19581

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-001
http://us.msi.com/product/notebook/GE72-Apache-Pro-6th-Gen-GTX-970M#hero-overview

Both laptops have similar specs except that the GE72 has the latest 6th intel chip and DDR4 RAM and it also includes a 128gb SSD. I was hoping to buy a seperate 128gb SSD for the G751JT and I guess I don't mind not having the latest technology as long as the G751JT can run the latest games at max.

According to reviews and opinions I've read, the G751JT is supposed to have the better cooling design and does not heat up. I also like the keyboard design and the overall design as well. It is heavier but I guess I'll just have to deal with it whenever I want to move it around.

My doubts are, does the MSI model have bad cooling? Will the keyboard heat up during several hours of gaming? Is it worth sacrificing the superior cooling design for the latest technologies?

Solution
The apache pro is the best option, and it may have more heat coming from it because its more powerful components such as the GPU. there are also tons of things you can do like cooling pads to help displace the air in the laptop. The apache MSI is amazing for gaming and I highly suggest it over the ROG,

The SSD is also a HUGE things in the apache, this will help in tons of ways, boot times, system load times, it will help with games slightly as well if you install the game onto the SSD, only the games that have very long load times. and the MSI utilizes M.2. most M.2 PCI Express SSDs, to date, have made use of the PCI Express Gen 2.0 x2 interface, which defines a throughput ceiling that's higher than SATA 3.0's, but not enormously so...

bailojustin

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
The apache pro is the best option, and it may have more heat coming from it because its more powerful components such as the GPU. there are also tons of things you can do like cooling pads to help displace the air in the laptop. The apache MSI is amazing for gaming and I highly suggest it over the ROG,

The SSD is also a HUGE things in the apache, this will help in tons of ways, boot times, system load times, it will help with games slightly as well if you install the game onto the SSD, only the games that have very long load times. and the MSI utilizes M.2. most M.2 PCI Express SSDs, to date, have made use of the PCI Express Gen 2.0 x2 interface, which defines a throughput ceiling that's higher than SATA 3.0's, but not enormously so. resulting in faster communication when read/write

Solution