ROG Zephyrus GX501 charger doesn't work 99% of the time

CrimStar

Estimable
Jul 28, 2015
My ASUS Zephyrus GX501 has a big issue. While in vacation with family when I went to plug it in nothing happened. There wasn't even an orange charging light. I tried multiple outlets in the house but no matter what I couldn't get it to work. I contacted ASUS support and they said I needed to RMA it. I decided to put it off and just enjoy Thanksgiving. When I got back to my apartment however, I decided to try plugging it in again and it suddenly worked. I played games on it for a couple hours and got some work done, then shut it down, put it in my bag, and went to bed. When I woke up I pulled it out and plugged it in, only to have the exact same problem as before. I depend on this for school and work so sending it in for 2 weeks to get repaired really isn't a good option for me. Any help at all would very much be appreciated.

Solution
Well the solution is to get the charger replaced, not sure what else you can do here. Or just buy a new one from Amazon or something if you don't want to wait for warranty swap.