Rogers Caves to Public Pressure, Offers Customers Sane Data Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Further proof Canadian wireless plans are a complete joke. We are one of the highest paying countries in the world when it comes to cell phones. The additional fees alone make this plan unaffordable.

My $25 a month plan costs me almost $45 a month after monthly carrier, emergency and licensing fees... Licensing fees? What a scam, what the hell does the $25 cover.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Further proof Canadian wireless plans are a complete joke. We are one of the highest paying countries in the world when it comes to cell phones. The additional fees alone make this plan unaffordable.

My $25 a month plan costs me almost $45 a month after monthly carrier, emergency and licensing fees... Licensing fees? What a scam, what the hell does the $25 cover.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I hear you, I have a $25 plan, then add in call display, voice mail, fees, taxes and about $5-10 worth of texting a month and my $25 turns to around $60.

That being said, I'm getting more and more impressed with Rogers as time goes on. The latest debacle with Telus and Bell charging for incoming text messages is just more proof that Rogers is the best Canadian provider. Since they bought Fido, their reception is on par with Telus (previously the biggest complaint). Add in that you don't have to buy locked phones and as soon as my Telus phone dies, I'm switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.