Roku 3 to optoma projector “no signal”

Jun 14, 2018
Hi. I’ve connected a Roku 3 to an optoma projector with a hdmi to VGA cord and I don’t get anything but a “no signal”
I also tried with a usb cord and nothing. Both cords came with the projector. Helppppp!

Solution
If the video resolution of the Roku is higher than the projector can accept you will get the no signal error message.The Roku can't detect the projector with the VGA converter.
You need to find out the native resolution of the projector. Connect the Roku with HDMI to a TV and set the video resolution to match the projector Then try it again. Don't forget that you won't get audio with the VGA connection. You will need an audio connection too. Hopefully the HDMI to VGA converter has an audio output that you can use.
If the video resolution of the Roku is higher than the projector can accept you will get the no signal error message.The Roku can't detect the projector with the VGA converter.
You need to find out the native resolution of the projector. Connect the Roku with HDMI to a TV and set the video resolution to match the projector Then try it again. Don't forget that you won't get audio with the VGA connection. You will need an audio connection too. Hopefully the HDMI to VGA converter has an audio output that you can use.

Solution

popatim

Splendid
My Roku3 only worked with HDCP compliant displays so I had to take it back for a 2. They may have changed this but even if they did you will not be able to play any content with DRM as it will switch to HDCP mode and VGA does not support it.