Review Roku Streambar review

Nov 5, 2020
Bought the Roku Streambar but found out that you need to have a HDMI ARC port on your TV but I dont have one only a HDMI ,so really it work for me also the Streambar doesnt have a port for an Optical cable.Very disappointed it has now been returned to the supplier

Nov 17, 2020
Similar issue, I thought I could connect the Roku Streambar to my existing system (multiple speakers running through a Sony STR DH590 receiver) and pipe the sound through the receiver and the speakers. Nothing doing. I also have a Roku Ultra, which I borrowed and used to test the setup and it worked like a charm. There's something different between the HDMI outputs on the Roku Ultra and the Roku Streambar. I've checked all the menu options and nothing stands out as being "turned off". Still planning on calling Roku, but don't hold much hope there, just want to be able to say I covered all the bases. Anyone have any insight into why the Streambar will not port the audio signal into my receiver? And I'm using the highest end cables known to man.