Question Rooting the T-Mobile Samsung Note 10+ 5G

Jul 16, 2020
Right now, the Note 10+ 5G with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset (used ONLY in the US and China) can NOT be rooted by unlocking the bootloader & most experts believe there will never be a direct hack to unlock it. Samsung uses the rootable Exynos chipset in every other country in the world. Is anybody working on an exploit to root this Qualcomm phone?

I've rooted every smartphone since the earliest Motorola Droid and now can't run many of my favorite power apps that need root admin (su) privileges. HELP! Will ODIN Root allow this model to be rooted by bypassing the locked bootloader and allowing SuperSU, BusyBox, custom kernels and custom versions of Android to be installed?

Also, if anybody has a lead on rooting a base model Samsung S11/S20 (same phone) 5G phone, I'd like a link as well. My wife has this model.

BTW, NO provider is offering 5G service in the great majority of the country and won't be doing so in the near future. If you don't live in the dozen or so areas, like NYC, that already get 5G, don't waste money if you have a choice between something like a Note 10+ and a Note 10+ 5G. I was lied to and suckered by T-Mobile's customer service and tech support into believing my home of Jacksonville, FL would see full coverage this year. 4G LTE is the best I've been able to get. All they've done so far in our 600 sq. mi. city is erect 3 experimental towers, 2 in the rural western end of town far from downtown or my neighborhood, and, in mid-May, one about 15 miles from me. There is NOTHING in the rest of the city and likely not going to be for years. You'll be 2 phones ahead by the time 5G becomes common in all but a handful of select cities. Even the evil Verizon, with the most 5G areas shows its 5G areas as a handful of acne-like spots on it's national coverage map.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joshua cruz Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 3
HankThrill Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 0
D Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 2
G1rlVeteran Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
yipstar0 Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
B Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
K Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
A Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 2
B Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 2
T Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1
A Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking 1