RU-44SZ61D 44 inch DLP TV, 2004 model HOW TO CONNECT LAPTOP VGA RGB CABLE?

mrwebber35

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I wish to try and connect my older 2005 Compaq nx9030 laptop to my LG HD DLP TV. I tested and confirmed my VGA cable is working and the laptop is outputting a picture using the VGA plug. The problem is that the TV recieves no signal not matter how I try to extend my screen to the TV with Windows XP Professional Control Panel. Can anybody tell me where I went wrong or someone have experience with older HD TV's?:heink:

mrwebber35

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

Tried all the standard adjustments possible. TV which is a 1080i HD DLP won't recognize any signal on the VGA RGB setting. The TV connects to the DVI on my other Intel i7 computer on the 1080i 24p setting as well as my Blue Ray player.

mrwebber35

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I just got it working. I just had to extend the desktop to the Intel Dual Display Clone =>> monitor + Desktop. I did this before but the TV needed to be reset again after extending the desktop. I reversed the cable as well so that may have played a role but probably the reset did the trick. Thank you for your help though........UPDATE..........I thought I tried the rest yesterday. Turns out the TV (I repaired used from the recycler) has a worn VGA connector. Pulling the cable to the side makes it work. I will replace the socket someday. Thanks again for your help mouse24.