Rumor: Apple Testing 1.5-inch OLED Displays for iWatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
If the final product looks anything like the photo, this is doomed to fail.
The truth is that women will not start using new technology on their own, at least not with high volume. Men on the other hand will not wear something that looks like a bracelet, at least not with high volume.
Make it look like something a predator would use, and they might have something.

macpeteo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
So where is MIcroshit with their announcement of the Windows Blue OS8 based tiled smart watch (I'm sure it will do as well as the Zune)?

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
OLED! But what about the LCD "retina" display that all the fanboys did their best to convince themselves was so much better than OLED.

purrcatian

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
icemunk, OLED is one of the few screen technologies that can be low enough power. Several smartphones always display the time on the screen (see Nokia N9.)

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Here's the article where the apple CEO says OLED displays are terrible: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57568905-37/oled-displays-theyre-awful-says-apples-ceo/
I have a feeling the next iPhone iteration will also be OLED. They really need to get rid of Tim Cook.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
The reason OLED would be used is because it is far easier to build a curved OLED screen than it is to build a curved screen using any sort of LCD technology. OLED is also light-emitting so there is no need for an additional LED backlight and diffuser layer. This makes the display stack thinner and lighter.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
If the final product looks anything like the photo, this is doomed to fail.
The truth is that women will not start using new technology on their own, at least not with high volume. Men on the other hand will not wear something that looks like a bracelet, at least not with high volume.
Make it look like something a predator would use, and they might have something.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
1.8" t big... i guess hipsters are generally tiny weak things, but really 1.8" to big x.x my smartwatch is 1.3" and i would easily see that being doubled and not looking to big, now i agree it would look to big on some women at double the size, but a 2" display seems like the right size here

Status
Not open for further replies.