Rumor: PS3 Price Cut in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Y[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]We've heard this many times before, I'll believe it when I see it.[/citation]

Yea, but if its true, i'm jumping on that wagon. I have been waiting to get one for a long time now...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
on top of that, ill be betting that they're gonna be releasing the slim model as well... i know it's real, the psp go and ps3 slim boxes were way to similar to be faked...im pretty sure the slimm will be out before the end of the year

KiLo81

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
That would be nice. Right now I can't see shellin' out that kind of cheese for something I will only use when I'm baked.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]KiLo81[/nom]That would be nice. Right now I can't see shellin' out that kind of cheese for something I will only use when I'm baked.[/citation]

You're baking your cheese with your PS3? What you been smokin boy?

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
The fact that they axed backwards compatibility for PS2 games makes the PS3 alot less attractive to me. The PS3 has been getting more desirable exclusives, like Infamous, but the fact that I also barely have enough time to play the games I do buy leaves little room for the PS3 for me. I think a price cut for the PS3 would be too little, too late to help it get out of 3rd place right now, but Sony has enough good games that it's likely gamers will buy enough of them to make up for the money lost on the PS3 with that $100 price cut. I guess we'll see.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I might consider a PS3 as a Blu-Ray player, but even for $299 it will be a more expensive choice. I might buy a handful of games for it too, but with all the consoles I already have in my house plus my horde of computers, it won't be a primary player in my limited freetime.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
"and the start of the back to school shopping season," adding that this will, "naturally be a positive for the industry."

There you go...tell little Billy and Susie to F'off wanting school supplies or new school clothes. Why should any child today need school supplies when an outdated console is more important. I personally am not shopping for game consoles when I am shopping for my children getting ready to head back to school.

Corporations have lost all contact with reality.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]reddozen[/nom]http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.c [...] 657d1.htmlMarch 22nd they released a firmware update (“Version 1.60”) to allow PS3s without backwards compatibility to add it, as well as bluetooth keyboard and mouse support.[/citation]

dude that article is from march of 2007

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]reddozen[/nom]http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.c [...] 657d1.htmlMarch 22nd they released a firmware update (“Version 1.60”) to allow PS3s without backwards compatibility to add it, as well as bluetooth keyboard and mouse support.[/citation]

The are up to version 2.10 or something now I think? But like captaincharisma said, that article is very old. The PS3's currently in production do not support PS2 games at all.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I turn my nose up at $99 PS2. It should've been $99 five years ago. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it now, especially after having two die on me already with normal use.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
i think Sony said because of the chip being too old it got more costly to make so they removed the chip and used an emu for the compatibility after that and then got rid of it altogether to drive the price down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS