Rumor: RE5 Bundle to Include Red Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
It depends on if it will have the red ring of death included for no extra charge. I have not bought an XBox 360 because I am waiting for a descent revision of hardware. Like the industry says, this is a 10 year lifecycle part, I certainly do not want to have a high likely hood of owning a brick for the last 5 years of it. If that means waiting for the next generation for them to fix the problem, oh well, I still got PC games.

G

I could see people buying it... but they are more than likely a huge RE fan... for instance, I wasn't going to buy a 360... then they came out with the custom halo 3 console in a nice puke green, I had to buy that... then a month after I bought my PS3 konami came out with the metal gear solid 4 gunmetal grey console, so I sold my black ps3 and bought the special console... as long as there are fans there will be a market for the special editions

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]A Stoner[/nom]It depends on if it will have the red ring of death included for no extra charge. I have not bought an XBox 360 because I am waiting for a descent revision of hardware. Like the industry says, this is a 10 year lifecycle part, I certainly do not want to have a high likely hood of owning a brick for the last 5 years of it. If that means waiting for the next generation for them to fix the problem, oh well, I still got PC games.[/citation]

We discussed putting in a comment about it matching the red ring of death but then decided that there'd be a few people who wouldn't appreciate the funny side.

Airrax

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
A Stoner: Hilarious!

Anyway, though, there would be two ways to make this an amazingly cool color. First a dark, almost black, flat red. By flat, I mean like the current Xbox's (the PS3 is a gloss). The other would be a chameleon color scheme. Have it be black as the primary color, but shift to a red depending on where you look at it (or have it be kind of a spotted red chameleon, so some parts are darker than others, giving the effect of blood splatter...Not polka-dots). Now, I like the a flat color better because it doesn't leave finger prints all over (I Hate my PS3 for that), but the chameleon would be pretty freakin' awesome.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
actually, i think its not only a good marketing gimmick, but the consumer's 100% opportunity to get their hands on a jasper...as long as they make it a sexy [glossy] red, not that matte garbage... yuck...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
@ a stoner
srry for dp, but the new jasper revision is 65nm i believe, and consumes less power, and has a much much lower failure rate because its much much cooler... so if you wanna get a 360, there wouldn't be a better time than now...just hope you get a jasper chipset

crockdaddy

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I am still waiting for the ability to buy a 50 ish inch TV @ 1080P for around 700$ US .... then I will buy my 360 and eventually PS3 ... I (shame faced)already own a Wii .... but for the most part I support the PC Gaming industry.

G

...This will be better on the PS3...

Plus, no way am I buying a cheaply-made console that will break after 6 months...

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
eklipz330 Thanks for the update. I heard it was out there, just not in quantity yet. I am still looking forward to a few reviews of the jasper chip and to see if this really fixed the problem. The only final issue I have with the XBox is the fact that it no longer comes with an option for the new media, I guess it is blu-ray that won. But it is a small thing, I can fit both it and a blu-ray drive in my cabinet. Anyone know if there are any blu-ray player/burners out there that support all the divx and other formats as well as plays DVDs? I have been out of the loop on these.

Crockdaddy, that day is getting closer and closer. I am personally looking forward to a nice inexpensive LED lit 1080P projector that can project 120 inch screens. Lets hope we both get what we want.

oprime

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
I've had the orginal 360 since day one, and never had a problem with it, and it gets used a ton. I don't get all the whining about the high failure rate, none of my friends have had failures either, I wonder if it's just overblown.

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
Ill buy it just because I have bought every version of the
Xbox 360 so far. I have had Core, a Pro, and Elite
I have had a Halo 3, an Arcade, and a Premium.

I currently Own 2 Premiums, 1 Arcade, and Halo 3.
Wanted HDMI on the regular ones so i sold my old ones.
And I gave the Elite to my girl friend.

I now have all Jasper Systems with the exception of Halo 3

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
wow neog2... got alotta money to throw, dontcha?

the new jasper chipset is cooler, which should fix MOST of the problems, aside from the idiots that put their xbox in ovens/closed spaces...the red ring occured mostly from the overheated gpu's, where they would melt off the heatsink welds and...well ya know

geckoar

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
All i know is that The xbox 360 is sweet. It has the best online play of anything because the Voip is in everything about it. I got a jasper chipset on mine that i bought right before christmas. It is so quiet! The DVD Drive is kinda loud but with a 60 Gb HDD I can Install all my games the the HDD and The DVD Drive wont have the read to play the game(Disc has to be in the drive) so noise and heat are down. I had an elite and I really liked the Black look and I think Red would be good too. But what I really want is a SemiTransparent Green Xbox 360(Like the HALO 2 Xbox) and matching Gamepads. That would Be Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.