Rumor: T-Mobile USA Getting iPhone in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I hope T-Mobile isn't shying away from Android phones, my G1 contract is nearly up and I need a good replacement (MyTouch Slide is nice, I want better). Still, for T-Mobile, adding the iPhone only makes sense, in that it will bring in customers and money. Of course, if T-Mobile brings in the iPhone and then introduces company-wide data plan restrictions, I'm going to kill Craig T. Nelson, no wait, Steve Jobs. Yeah, thats the one.

G

I wonder if T-Mobile service will be good enough you can grip your phone without losing a call.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
If T-Mobile could get the iPhone, it would be fantastic for them. In the USA, they seem to have fallen behind Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint lately. They made a big splash with the G1, but have since basically faded into the shadows.

I also think this rumor could very likely happen, especially since T-Mobile is a carrier for the iPhone in Europe.

mhughes81

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
T-mobile used to be good in my area, but we just got 3G service last fall here. Since then service in general has gone downhill. I can't get any signal at work and I also lose signal in my house sometimes. Generally I have 1 bar w/ 3G service in my house which leads to a lot of failed and dropped calls. My service also keeps jumping from Edge to 3G as well. Tmobile refuses to do anything with the towers to boost signal and they will not waive my contract cancellation fee even after all of the signal problems at work and home. They swapped out my phone and replaced my sim card and then pretty much told me "sorry about your luck".

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]I wonder if T-Mobile service will be good enough you can grip your phone without losing a call.[/citation]
The problem is not with the service, but with the phone. True that AT&T's service is crappy, but the drop in signal due to gripping the phone in a "wrong" way has to do with the phone itself, not AT&T's service.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]akoegle[/nom]Q3 10 is long gone.. I hope you meant 11? Or did you mean physical year and not fiscal?[/citation]

Um, no...Q3 is now. Q3 runs from July 1 to Sept 30.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]Um, no...Q3 is now. Q3 runs from July 1 to Sept 30.[/citation]
In akoegle's defense, he's probably thinking fiscal quarter, which some companies shift forward 3 months. For instance, the fiscal year at the company I am currently working for ends on September 30th. FY2011 starts October 1st. It's a system I don't understand, but probably exists for tax evasion reasons, or to somehow screw over employees.

Morgan3rd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
From a selfish perspective I hope the iPhone doesn't go on T-mobile. They have a very generous data plan (5 gigs then throttled data per month), and it is cheaper than most other carriers and it tends to outperform other carriers in urban areas. (kinda blows in the burbs though).

I'm sure T-Mobile would love it though...

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]The problem is not with the service, but with the phone. True that AT&T's service is crappy, but the drop in signal due to gripping the phone in a "wrong" way has to do with the phone itself, not AT&T's service.[/citation]

True... but just like many user's experience... if the signal coverage is strong, you will still be ok even with 2-3 signal bar drop.

slipdisc

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
[citation][nom]dbowlin17[/nom]iphones already are on tmobiles network. and have been for some time now.[/citation]

Yeah on crappy EDGE dialup speeds. Who want to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.