Rumors Do Rounds About MSFT Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Somebody heard from somebody else who was listening to another person talk about.... blah blah blah.

It all comes down to FUD. Not news.

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
"or if you run your own company, you've been worried about being laid off" --- am I the only one that finds this ridiculous?

If you are self-employed and going under you close shop, you do not lay off yourself (or only employ), right?

G

I agree with bc4. I'm seriously about to stop coming to Toms because of simple-ass mistakes like that. I would volunteer to help proof read... Note to Tom's: JESUS CHRIST, HIRE WRITERS WITH TALENT!

michaelzehr

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
I followed the link and read the article and quotes, and it just convinces me even more that companies across America feel like they get a one-time pass to get rid of their bottom 10% performers and blame it on the economy. Look at the spin on Bank of America -- 35,000 lost jobs. But that's over 3 years, and is probably less than their rate of turnover.

Back to this article, I think I would replace the word "more" with "something" in that last sentence.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]michaelzehr[/nom]I followed the link and read the article and quotes, and it just convinces me even more that companies across America feel like they get a one-time pass to get rid of their bottom 10% performers and blame it on the economy.[/citation]
I agree.

If they want to fire people, have the balls to do it, or hire the human resources people with the balls to do it, instead of making up crap.

I'm surprised no one is using this excuse to outsource.

Status
Not open for further replies.