Rumors of Natal-enabled Xbox 360 in 2010

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shrex

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
I dont know why everyone keeps saying the ps3 is a better buy when it has inferior graphics, resolution and framerate in majority of games. you can check the comparison on ign and eurogamer

Marnad

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
I don't own a 360, but if Microsoft can deliver with Natal, I'll get one. I don't think it's a rip-off attempt to garner Wii users. I have a Wii and PS3. Honestly, there is not a lot of good software for the Wii. The Wii sold on a lot of hype, I believe. I'm glad Nintendo tried something different, but they had better start delivering some killer software soon. There is still no game on the Wii that takes its controls and blows everything out of the water.

I'm also very interested in what Sony can pull off for their motion peripheral. One problem I have forseen with FPSs and motion control, is the ability to "drag" and lift like with a mouse. This could easily be solved, though - I know an excellent method.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
PCs are superior to all of them so it's all irrelevant to me. I can play games, do work, surf the net, listen to music, and anything else I want. Games are almost always best on PC. The only benefit console gaming has besides its price and convenience compared to PC is that it's a lot easier to play a game with someone else whether it's co-op in an FPS or a sports game or whatever. A lot harder to do that on PC. I wish PC game developers would do like companies used to do in the old days and include network licenses with games so that you can legally install the game on another machine for LAN play. Bungie did it, I'm pretty sure Blizzard did it too.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6874103129there a price drop its been there forevernow go get a 360. i doubt you will[/citation]

no moron. its because playing online in servers or matches should be free after I've purchased the game, paid for my internet, and bought the console. so many moron fanboys that can't take any criticism of their god..woops i mean 360. $10 off. wow big price cut. how many RROD's have you had loser?

ROfu

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
I find it very sad when people compare Games consoles, and get over animated about how one does so much more than the other, I personally have owned an Xbox360 since its release, this was because it was released earlier than the PS3, and has had consistantly good quality games available. Until KillZone 2, there was very little on the PS3 that interested me enough to even consider buying one. Now on the other hand with Uncharted 2, and The Last Guardian, starting to see the developers getting to grips with the PS3 hardware,i will probably buy one.
If you are in anyway buying a Games Console for Branding and NOT purely for the quality of games then your seriously missing the point.

Some of the games due out on both formats look amazing Alan Wake (when it finaly is released) is one of the best looking titles on any platform including the PC.

I would also like to point out to PC fanboys, that the amount of money you need to spend on a quality gaming rig, you could buy all three of the current Gen consoles. And considering how little exclusive games there are left on the PC, PC fanboys should reconsider thier position. Crysis 3... on consoles as well. (ps i own a nice PC but having to run a patch, seting up graphics settings, downloading newest drivers and hoping everything works is a considerably larger hassle than turning on the console and playing it)

On the Subject of Project Natal, why would anyone bother ripping into it? its a fantastic idea that if works could change the face of gaming and interaction in the living room.. or if it fails, is a peripheral you don't "need" to buy. Give microsoft and Sony for thier magic wand ideas credit for trying to bring something interesting if not totaly original to the table.

It annoys me greatly when people spam abuse about hardware and peripherals. Its about GAMES. if you bought a ps3 for a bluray player as your primary reason, then your a fool. and considering you can pickup an Xbox and standalone bluray player for the same price as a PS3, then GAMES should be your ONLY concern when considering which console to get.

On a final note, although most people only buy one console and stick with it, there is Always the opportunity to change at a later date, and considering they expect the current generation to last twice as long (unlike previous 5yr turnarounds) then your "new" console you would have upgraded to after the 5yrs can simply be - getting the other one. You will then be enjoying both and having the benifit of all the games available without the need to complain or compare whos is better.

Cheers
RO

pender21

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
How did a peripheral become a PS3 vs 360 debate.

If the E3 demo was representative of the in-home Natal experience, I don't believe anyone can argue how great Natal will be, not just for gaming but for other applications like in Minority Report.

I think it is a good move for the 360 because Natal could probably be used with future Xbox consoles - one can hope.

Strangely, I do think there is another 3-4 years left on the 360 platform because I don't think Sony will attempt to make another, expensive to manufacture, PS4 anytime soon - Sony doesn't abandon their consoles like Sega.

G

i'd gladly pay $4/month to have XBL. online play is superior to the ps3 and if wifi is really THAT important, pick up a wireless receiver.
as for the natal project, the only thing it will be used for is dashboard functions and tiger woods pga.
i think if microsoft really wants to excite their customers, they should focus on improving the 360 internally.
the fans are shit and the entire cooling system guarantees a malfunction.
i don't need glitter and flashy lights to slaughter zombies on cod, and i certainly don't need the rings of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.